Preemies
Options

Had my baby! (updated with pictures)

Well it looks like I'm a March Mommy instead of April mommy. As most of you know I've been on bed rest since 32w 6d, and things started to go down hill over the weekend. Friday night I started to have contractions, I called the on-call OB, Dr. Lenowich (sp), who basically told me just drink two cups of water and lay on my left. I did that and finally got to sleep that evening. Saturday came and went and no contractions, but Sunday was another story. Sunday I just woke up feeling off, I tried to lay around, but we had a few visitors that day. After our visitors left I ended up going upstairs to lay down, and started to really time my contractions, they were two every five minutes, so I ended up calling the on-call doctor and he told me come in.

We arrive at FSH around 4:30 p.m., my blood pressure was good, but I was still having contractions every two minutes. I was dilated to 2.5 cm. Things really never progressed, and finally at 11:30 they decided to keep me in triage for monitoring. Around 1:00 a.m. I asked for something for the pain, all I got was ambein and about an hour later I asked for something stronger, they gave me staydah (sp), which I was able to fall for about an hour. I guess in that hour, my uterus relaxed because my nurse rushed in w/ the triage doctor, they checked me and I was 6/7 cm. As you can imagine, I was kind of freaking out, I was still in a twilight, so I was just coming too, sound awful, but that's how I felt. They rushed me down to L&D, got the room set up, I remember asking for an epidural, but things happened so fast, that the OB walked in and asked if I was ready to go. You also have to understand that I had never met this doctor, not my regular OB.  I was told that I could wait 30 minutes for the epidural or have the baby now. At that moment, I felt the urge to push. I pushed 3 times and Caroline Vivian was born at 3/12/12 at 4:57 a.m. weighting 5lbs 5 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. She was taken to the NICU because she was born at 34w 5d.

She's currently still in the NICU, off cpap, we are trying breast feeding, she latched this afternoon and we are hoping that she will be home in the next two weeks. I will try and keep the board posted as much as possible.

Thank you all who have been praying for us.

Re: Had my baby! (updated with pictures)

• Options
    Omg congrats! T&Ps!
  • Options

Congratulations!  Glad to hear she is doing well so far.  Post some pictures of your little girl when you can.

Who is going to do the "pregnant after preemie check-in post" now lol. :-)

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Congrats! I'm glad to hear that she is off CPAP and was able to latch! Keep us posted when you can!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    congrats!!!  Prayers for forward progress!
  • Options
    Congrats on your new LO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations!! Sounds like she's doing pretty well. Hope her stay in the NICU is a quick one.

P.S. I just love both your girl's names.  Too cute!

image image image

• Options
    Congrats!  Wishing you a short and easy NICU stay!
  • Options
    imagejenmikw:

Congratulations!  Glad to hear she is doing well so far.  Post some pictures of your little girl when you can.

Who is going to do the "pregnant after preemie check-in post" now lol. :-)

Hopefully one of the new mama's to be will take over! :)

• Options
    I hope she has a quick and easy stay, she's gorgeous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I assume FSH is Franklin Square Hospital as your profile says you're in Maryland?? That's where I had my baby!! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the doctors and nurses in that NICU! Congrats on your baby girl! Good luck with everything, she is definitely in great hands!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats on your cutie! I'm glad she is doing well!!
  • Options
    Congrats on your lil girl!! Hope she's home asap!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats! She is beautiful! I hope she is home with you soon!
  • Options
    Congrats, mama!  So happy for you, and praying for short and uneventful NICU stay. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations on your newest addition! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Did they say why you were having complications?
  • Options
    Congrats mama!!!  I hope you have a VERY short NICU stay.  Thinking of you and your LO!
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby girl!
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

imagesedge1:
    I assume FSH is Franklin Square Hospital as your profile says you're in Maryland?? That's where I had my baby!! I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the doctors and nurses in that NICU! Congrats on your baby girl! Good luck with everything, she is definitely in great hands!

Yup, sorry I just cross posted this from my local board and didn't think about changing anything. Yes, I delivered at FSH with both my girls and we had a great experience both times. 

Check out the Baltimore Board, we do monthly playdates. 

• Options

imagemybb:
    Congratulations on your newest addition! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Did they say why you were having complications?

This time I had PTL, unlike last time which was pre-e. 

• Options
    Congratulations, mama, she is beautiful! Wishing you a short and uneventful NICU stay!
  • Options
    Congrat's!  She is so cute too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"