Adoption
Options

Hi (again!) and scrapbook vs. snapfish question

Hi everyone! I posted here about a year ago with some random questions, but we are much further along in our journey now. We are adopting domestically and have filled out all paperwork, gotten fingerprinted, had our background checks, had our homestudy last week and are now at the "scrapbooking" point. I'm crafty in that I sew a lot, but I am TERRIBLE with scrapbooks (the one from our wedding- 4 years ago- has only 2 pages completed... whomp whoooomp.).

Our agent mentioned that a lot of people do snapfish books now instead of large scrapbooks since they are light and smaller and easier for her to carry when taking 10-15 books with her to meet a bmom.  Has anyone gone this route? I'm torn bc I wonder if it will look lazy, but it would be cheaper and it's much easier for my brain to understand/design a snapfish book than get out paper, scissors and stickers! 

WDYT? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
theluckiest
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Hi (again!) and scrapbook vs. snapfish question

• Options

I don't think there's anything wrong with going the digital route - it's whatever you prefer.  I think some people on here have used Mixbook, too - especially when you need to make multiple copies.  I think you can find Groupon coupons for Mixbook pretty frequently.

I've used Snapfish for photo books and for our daughter's adoption story book, and it's so easy to use.

Have fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We used mixbook. It was super easy. I wouldn't do it iwth paper and scissors. I am even an avid scrapbooker. It would take far to long. We live in the digital age, so I embraced it.

Good luck..and have fun with it.

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are you with a single agency?  Or are you using a consultant that works with several agencies and lawyers?

If it's the first, I'd ask for examples of her "best" profiles and figure go from there... if they are done via snapfish or the like, go that method.  But if she shows you an elaborate scrapbook, I'd recommend going that route. 

We started w/a traditional adoption center that had 8.5x11 scrapbooks.  But as we started working with other parties I found that everyone wanted something a little different.  It drove me crazy at time but it was nice once I sorted through and got a digital copy as well as a small book and the traditional book.   My point, it all depends on who you'll work wiht and what they want.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

I am not a "physical" scrap booker, but have done many "digital" scrap books via My Canvas.  I LOVE how they look, and they are certainly not "lazy looking" and are as time consuming as you want them to be :)

They also give a discount for buying more then 1 of a book you make, and their customer service is AMAZING!

• Options
    imagesilliestbunny:

Are you with a single agency?  Or are you using a consultant that works with several agencies and lawyers?

One agency- I have seen a few scrapbooks of friends that have gone through that agency that were differing levels of "elaborate". All of the ones I have seen in her office are "real" scrapbooks, but the agent is the one who actually recommended a snapfish book. 

After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
  • Options
    imagejwpbride:
    imagesilliestbunny:

One agency- I have seen a few scrapbooks of friends that have gone through that agency that were differing levels of "elaborate". All of the ones I have seen in her office are "real" scrapbooks, but the agent is the one who actually recommended a snapfish book. 

The only thing that struck me as "funny" is that the agent says that the snapfish are easier for her to tote around.  Can you get some feedback from anyone else at the agency?  Are there trends for BMs to prefer one over the other?  I know... this sounds ridiculous but you want to keep your profile "on top" as a well made and presented profile per agency standards. 

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    imagesilliestbunny:
    imagejwpbride:
    imagesilliestbunny:

The only thing that struck me as "funny" is that the agent says that the snapfish are easier for her to tote around.  Can you get some feedback from anyone else at the agency?  Are there trends for BMs to prefer one over the other?  I know... this sounds ridiculous but you want to keep your profile "on top" as a well made and presented profile per agency standards. 

True! This is a small agency and she is the only agent so I guess I'll just do a "real" one since that's what I've seen! 

theluckiest
  • Options
    imagesilliestbunny:
    imagejwpbride:
    imagesilliestbunny:

True! This is a small agency and she is the only agent so I guess I'll just do a "real" one since that's what I've seen! 

Although the portfolio guide says " Because we travel to the birthmother?s location to show her portfolios, we ask that your portfolio be no thicker than one inch, and the pages be no larger than 8 ? by 11 inches"  That seems small for a "real" scrapbook!

theluckiest
  • Options
    Went to the agency today and asked to look at more books- they are about 50/50 scrapbook vs snapfish! Thanks for the advice! 

theluckiest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"