June 2016 Moms
Options

Milestones!

When to hit them, which ones you're excited for and of course bragging about our little ones!

Re: Milestones!

• Options
    Preston has started picking up toys with both hands and bring them to his mouth. It's so cute!  He loves playing with toys all day long now and if he is leaning on our legs, he I'll try and do a sit up so he can reach the toys.  
  • Options
    Damon is teething already. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jackie rolled over yesterday! Luckily I saw her trying last week and moved her play spot from the couch to the floor because she did it the first time when I wasn't looking. Poor girl looks like a turtle on her back when she does it.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Sam laughed and laughed yesterday when we were playing with his beach ball. It was the cutest sound ever. 
  • Options
    I love her smiles, but I'm excited for laughing. She rolled over a few times, but doesn't do it every day yet. She's 9 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    peaceinnaturepeaceinnature member
    edited August 2016
    Smiling, cooing, laughing, rolling to his side, gripping and hitting the toys on his playmat, turning his head to find me or DH or big bro when he hears our voices, focusing on things farther away, showing interest in books when being read to.  It's all so amazing and happens so fast!!  <3

Forgot also: drooling and chewing on his hands (according to my dr not teething.)
  • Options
    I love her smiles, but I'm excited for laughing. She rolled over a few times, but doesn't do it every day yet. She's 9 weeks
     I can't wait for laughing too.  Preston has only rolled twice since birth and hasn't done it in over a month.
  • Options
    Can't get this girl to roll (11 weeks tomorrow) but man she laughs and smiles and "chats" with us for hours on end. Used to just be a small chunk of time at night, now she is spending a good period of time in the morning and at night sitting on our laps and telling us all she knows about everything. We have been working on the rolling by showing her how (rolling her back and forth) and she thinks it is hilarious. But she won't do it on her own. 

And I LOVE that now she will pull her blanket up on herself when she wants to get cozy and will snuggle down for a nap. She has just started finding her toys and keeps her hands on them when she is in her rnp or car seat.
  • Options
    My little guy is trying to figure out the whole laughing thing.  He is so happy in the morning and when I pick him up at night from daycare.  He makes this raspy coughing sound while he is smiling...not quite there, but so cute!  He is starting to talk up a storm as well during these times.  To think that just a few short weeks ago I was agonizing over whether or not my guy even knew I was his mommy.  
  • Options
    adiaz132003adiaz132003 member
    edited August 2016
    So Preston has decided he'd rather learn to roll on his tummy first rather than the other way.  I would sit to the side of him while face up and he tries to roll toward me by reaching.  He grabbed my hand and pull himself onto his belly.  Sure surprised him. Lol now if only we can go from tummy to back.  He wants to and he's trying to move his legs to get him over but doesn't seem to know what to do with his arm.

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    GAH!!! WE GOT OUR FIRST GIGGLE LAST NIGHT!!! 
  • Options
    Ethan FINALLY rolled over from tummy to back!!!  Yay!
  • Options
    Madelyn has rolled front to back a couple of times, but I'm not sure how intentional it was. Trying to give her more time on her tummy to work on it. She's laughed a few times and now has gone back to smiling only, I'm making a fool of myself trying to get laughs. And she is obsessed with her hands, won't stop trying to fit her whole fist in her mouth.
  • Options
    Levi is 12 weeks today and still hasn't rolled at all.  Should I be concerned?  With tummy time he pushes up on his forearms and is doing well with that, he coos-a lot.  We hear about everything after nearly every bottle.  He's finally starting to grab toys and is figuring out and eating his hands.  He's laughed a real laugh a total of one time.  I know he will roll when he's ready but other than doing like a reverse crunch with his legs he doesn't do much.
  • Options
    He's rolling back to front now, he did it for the first time at 11 weeks and basically just screamed into the carpet once he got onto his tummy.  Now at 14 weeks he's holding himself up and looking around/trying to reach for toys for awhile first before screaming into the carpet haha.  He's holding toys and bringing them to his mouth, still very uncontrolled.  He likes this teething blanket thing we got as a gift that has rubber corners to chew and little tags and crinkly parts to feel.  He's definitely becoming even more aware of his surroundings and it's getting harder for him to nap on the go and to nurse if there's lots of activity in the room.  
  • Options
    laurendiaz02laurendiaz02 member
    edited September 2016
    Levi is 12 weeks today and still hasn't rolled at all.  Should I be concerned?  With tummy time he pushes up on his forearms and is doing well with that, he coos-a lot.  We hear about everything after nearly every bottle.  He's finally starting to grab toys and is figuring out and eating his hands.  He's laughed a real laugh a total of one time.  I know he will roll when he's ready but other than doing like a reverse crunch with his legs he doesn't do much.
    I posted about how my son just rolled from tummy to back this morning. He's 14 weeks. So I wouldn't be worried about your guy since he's only 12 weeks. Ethan showed ZERO interest in trying to roll over and then at 4am this morning we went to get him out of the crib and he had rolled over.  Lol.

ETA: putting him on his side and propping him up with toys to look at and hold is a good exercise that we did. And we would lay him on his back and rock him from side to side and sing "row row row your boat" so he started to feel the motion of starting to roll. 
  • Options
     From what I've read anything before 4 months is quite early to be rolling any way.  My LO is 14 and just starting to arch in a way that shows effort to roll back to front and doesnt try to roll front to back at all.  I do practice with her often.  My LO also hasn't laughed yet, but she's constantly smiling, cooing making eye contact, reaching and grabbing.  There's such a broad range of normal at this age!  I wouldn't be worried :).
  • Options
    artlea2013artlea2013 member
    edited September 2016
    Some babies never really roll at all. DS hasn't rolled yet, going to be 15 weeks on Sunday. Rolling isn't a physical milestone that I think you should truly worried about much. Holding his head up, sitting, and standing/walking are ones to look out for. Rolling and crawling, well if he does it, cool, if not, he can still develop perfectly. All babies are different, and rolling isn't necessarily a prerequisite to walking
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    Bennett turned 3 months old yesterday and has started pulling up his legs and grabbing/holding onto his feet when he is laying down...I suspect it won't be long till he can put them in his mouth!
  • Options
    My little guy is 11 weeks and just deciould he would start  Rolling front to back and back to front today and now literally won't stop...I went to run a bath for 2second with him in his crib..came back and he was flipped over. How do u make sure he's safe at night now? Very proud of his athleticism but terrified !
  • Options
    Damien did a full-blown laugh today and luckily my husband was around to witness it (he hates that he misses milestones). So cute!
  • Options
    My little guy is 11 weeks and just deciould he would start  Rolling front to back and back to front today and now literally won't stop...I went to run a bath for 2second with him in his crib..came back and he was flipped over. How do u make sure he's safe at night now? Very proud of his athleticism but terrified !
     Oh I wouldn't worry if he can roll both ways.  Once they have the ability to roll to their tummies, it normally means they also have the ability to sense if they aren't getting enough oxygen and will turn their heads to the side or wake up and flip back over 
  • Options
    Oh really?  That's good to hear. I still think I'll be up every 5 mins to check him tonight though!
  • Options
    So Audri is in full blown rolling over mode!  She's 17 weeks today, turned 4 months last Thursday.  She had figured out how to roll out of tummy time about a month ago.  Now she's intentionally rolling to her tummy, but after awhile freaks out and can't remember how to roll back to her back! I'm so torn between helping her get to her back again and letting her figure it out, but she just cries so hard sometimes its tough to just sit there.  

Also, when she rolls to her tummy she's started to tuck her legs under her and get on her knees, albeit briefly.  Its like baby crunches but on her tummy.  I'm assuming this is the first sign towards attempting to crawl?  God help me how soon does that happen?!?!  I have to baby proof the heck out of my house still.......
  • Options
    arteduc8 said:
    So Audri is in full blown rolling over mode!  She's 17 weeks today, turned 4 months last Thursday.  She had figured out how to roll out of tummy time about a month ago.  Now she's intentionally rolling to her tummy, but after awhile freaks out and can't remember how to roll back to her back! I'm so torn between helping her get to her back again and letting her figure it out, but she just cries so hard sometimes its tough to just sit there.  

Also, when she rolls to her tummy she's started to tuck her legs under her and get on her knees, albeit briefly.  Its like baby crunches but on her tummy.  I'm assuming this is the first sign towards attempting to crawl?  God help me how soon does that happen?!?!  I have to baby proof the heck out of my house still.......

Same with Preston.  He started rolling to his tummy first then git upset when he couldn't roll back.  I gave him some time to try and figure it out but once they start crying they wouldn't be able to concentrate.  What I did was make sure his arm was either tucked or stretched out then you rotate their hips so they learn what muscles they need to use to roll.  Then he would use his head and arms to go the rest of the way.  He figured it out after about a week.  He still isn't the best at going tummy to back but at least now he knows he can if he really wanted.
  • Options
    adiaz132003adiaz132003 member
    edited October 2016
    So I'm sure we are all excited for the sitting milestone but how can I help him get there?  I have a seat for him. But every time I try and put him down to sit he straightens his body and goes stiff.  If I want him to sit on my lap I have to force his legs and knees to bend.
  • Options
    LO has figured out the back to tummy roll! She showed me for the first time last evening, naturally the first time was when my back was turned for a minute. But I caught the second time on video. :-) Now we have to focus on the tummy to back. She still hates being on her tummy for a period of time longer than 1 minute. :-/
  • Options
    I put Audri supported sitting in her boppy. I start her laying back, hold her hands, and help her sit up and forward. Once she's sitting up I help steady her and do it in short bursts. She's pretty insistent on sitting up a lot though, so not sure that it would work with Preston. 
  • Options
    arteduc8 said:
    I put Audri supported sitting in her boppy. I start her laying back, hold her hands, and help her sit up and forward. Once she's sitting up I help steady her and do it in short bursts. She's pretty insistent on sitting up a lot though, so not sure that it would work with Preston. 
     Yeah if tried that he would just slide. Lol stiff as a board
  • Options
    Has anyone else's LO not rolled from their back to their tummy yet?  I'm a little concerned that Lillyana isn't, she has no interest at all.  She hates tummy time and rolls onto her back within a few seconds of us putting her onto it.  I'm loving that fact that we can still swaddle though, she sleeps SO much better.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Has anyone else's LO not rolled from their back to their tummy yet?  I'm a little concerned that Lillyana isn't, she has no interest at all.  She hates tummy time and rolls onto her back within a few seconds of us putting her onto it.  I'm loving that fact that we can still swaddle though, she sleeps SO much better.
     It's so weird. He used to roll back to tummy all the time and the past week or two he just kinda stopped doing it.  He still can't roll tummy to back. I think he did it maybe once or twice.  I know he is able to so I'm not too worried.  I can't make him do something he doesn't want to do.
  • Options
    Mine hasn't rolled in either direction yet.
  • Options
    My son will be 5 months on Tuesday. He has been rolling from tummy to back for about a month now, but hasn't figured out how to roll from back to tummy. At our 4 month appointment with the pediatrician, he said not to be concerned until baby is 6 months -- by that age they should be able to go both directions. 
  • Options
    Thanks!  That makes me feel a lot better.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Sam will be 5 months on Thursday and he doesn't show any interest in rolling. He has rolled tummy to back, although not lately. I figure one of these days he will. 
  • Options
    amangels2 said:
    Sam will be 5 months on Thursday and he doesn't show any interest in rolling. He has rolled tummy to back, although not lately. I figure one of these days he will. 
    Damien just discovered rolling from back to tummy and loves it. He doesn't do it at night yet. He rolled from tummy to back a few times awhile back but hasn't been able to do it since. I'm not worried, but it is interesting.
  • Options
    Mine can do tummy to back, but has no interest and doesn't. She does a lot of side to side action while she's on her back, but not a full roll from back to tummy.

I'm not overly concerned yet at all!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Mine can do tummy to back, but has no interest and doesn't. She does a lot of side to side action while she's on her back, but not a full roll from back to tummy.

I'm not overly concerned yet at all!
    Damien loooves being on his side, he sleeps on his side a lot.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Alyssa finally rolled from her back to her tummy but hasn't rolled tummy to back yet. She rolls to her tummy then starts sticking her butt in the air and grabbing the blanket trying to pull herself. Eventually she gets mad on her tummy I'm not sure if she's mad about not being able to roll back to her back or not being able to move lol. I let her fuss a little then help her onto her back and she rolls back to her tummy and that cycle continues all day lol
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA