July 2012 Moms
Options

Still Nothing :(

So, I'm 21 weeks and 3 days now and I have yet to feel ANY baby movement. I saw her moving around at my elective U/S so that was relieving, but I certainly thought I would feel something by now because that was 2/4. And now, everytime I log on to the bump it shows up in my reminders "17 Weeks: Milestone: 1st Kicks" It's making me sad, I'm trying not to worry but I can't help it. I try talking to MH about it, but I think he just tries to make me feel better by saying something like, "oh I'm sure its okay, I bet you'll feel something soon" NOT HELPING! I don't have my anatomy scan until 3/8 and it feels so far away. Has anyone past 20 weeks already had a good A/S but still not felt anything?

Okay, sorry for getting a little crazy there, I just needed to get that off my chest. Thank you for listening.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby girl Pictures, Images and Photos BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Still Nothing :(

• Options

I hate the Bump checklist, especially because they have milestones mixed in with stuff you should maybe do, and then they put a stupid crying baby face next to the ones you didn't do yet.  ?! 

So I'm a FTM and am therefore repeating stuff that I've heard from other people, but a lot of it depends on where your placenta is, and how close your baby is to your placenta.  (I guess if it kicks the placenta and nothing else, you wouldn't feel the kick?)

Hang in there.  I hope you get to feel the baby soon.

• Options
    I know you don't have your a/s till next week but do you know if you have an anterior placenta? That can cause you not to feel movement as early as others with a posterior placenta.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate hate hate when people ask me if I felt him move yet.  I don't know why, but I let it make me feel like a failure because I'm not sure if I have yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, this bump check list is killing me. Maybe I'll just stop looking at it all together lol. I don't know where my placenta is positioned, hopefully that has something to do with it (as long as it doesn't hurt baby). That would make me feel better. I told my doctor last time I was there that I still haven't felt anything and he didn't seem to concerned, all he said was that as long as we hear the HB that we will wait on an US until next time, which is next week. I really like my doctor, I just don't really like his stance on US, I only get two that I know of. I got one at my initial visit, and then we'll have the A/S. I wish that I could just see in there when ever I wanted to know all is good.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby girl Pictures, Images and Photos BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagechristieep:
    I hate hate hate when people ask me if I felt him move yet.  I don't know why, but I let it make me feel like a failure because I'm not sure if I have yet.

I know! And people ask all the time, I hate it because then I have to say no. Then, they're like "oooooo, well I'm sure it'll come soon". Ugh...I think I may be a bit emotional today.

Also, Thank you ladies for you'r input :)

• Options
    I'm sorry you haven't felt the baby kick yet.  But every pregnancy is different, and it's totally normal for some people not to feel the baby until later on.  My friend didn't feel her baby until around 22 weeks.  I was lucky and started feeling my baby early, but I was surprised and did not actually expect to start feeling her that early.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options
    There are lots of reasons you may not feel baby yet.  It could just be position of baby or the position of the placenta.  Some women go the whole time without feeling any movement (ever watch I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant?).  I felt DD a lot more than I am feeling this baby.  I'm not sure if it is because I'm heavier this time around or if there is another reason.  I wouldn't worry.  Maybe get a home doppler.  You can hear baby's heartbeat and also hear movement.  It may give you some peace of mind until you are feeling regular movement.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My friend barely felt her son move around at all throughout her pregnancy... My children have both been like karate kickers while in utero...And my DD is always bouncing off the walls so I expect the same from this one. My friend has a very mild mannered son so, hey, maybe this is an early indicator that you will have a very laid back baby!

If you really want to try and make the baby move, go drink a coke.  I bet that'll get them jumping and kicking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Next time you go to the dr ask about the position of your placenta.  I found out that I have an anterior placenta at my u/s. The dr asked if I was feeling any kicks and I said no.  He told me that because of the placenta position it is like LO is pushing on a pillow, so I wont feel any kicks or bumps till further along.   It made me feel so much better because friends and family are consistently asking  me if I am feeling anything and I wasnt!  I was starting to get worried by now knowing that my placenta is anterior, i feel much better!
  • Options

Remember that you have a 50/50 chance of having an anterior placenta (located on the front of your belly instead of the back). I've had it with both pregnancies and it acts like a pillow that pads the kicks and movements, so even if you do start feeling them it may be greatly reduced. My guess is you may have it sitting over the front and buffering any movement of the baby. It will be nice later, when they are kicking harder and you can't feel it as much Wink

Hang in there!

DS#1 - 8/2009
    CafeMom Tickers

my read shelf:

Cindy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

imagechristieep:

I totally agree with the bolded. Glad it's not just me. I feel like I should start feeling flutters/gas bubbles/something soon, but I just can't tell. I keep hearing people say "oh you will know when you do", but I'm beginning to wonder when that will be.

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you.  I found out at my a/s 2 weeks ago that I have an anterior placenta so until he gets stronger I probably won't feel anything.  I think I've felt little flutters but it's hard to tell if it's really him or gas:)  I'm sure everything is fine and your LO is doing flips in there:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"