3rd Trimester
Options

How did you feel after your 3 hour glucose test?

I'm going on Saturday morning to have my 3 hour glucose test done.  For my 1 hour test, I drove myself to and from the doctor's office.  I'm assuming this time, since I will have gone without food for 15+ hours, I may not feel able to drive after the test so I plan on having my husband drop me off and pick me up.  We have a 5 year old, so I'm not going to make them sit around with me for 3 hours in the waiting room. 

My sister wants to come in from out of town to visit on Saturday afternoon and I'm just wondering if I will really feel up to it.  Will I feel better after I eat something after the test?  Will I just be tired/groggy?  Please share your experiences.  Thanks so much!

Addison Lily--Sept. 14, 2006 Evelynn Rose-- May 18, 2012

Re: How did you feel after your 3 hour glucose test?

• Options
    I was totally fine to drive. I was tired and a little sick to my stomach for a few hours after, but not terrible.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagestaceyk110:
    I was totally fine to drive. I was tired and a little sick to my stomach for a few hours after, but not terrible.

This. I took a peanut butter and honey sandwich with me in my purse and ate it in my car before the half-hour drive home, just to make sure I wouldn't feel sick on the way.  I wasn't even that tired since I took the nurses up on their offer of a place to lie down during the 3-hour and napped through a lot of the test (I highly recommend doing this).  I basically felt like I would any other time I had mostly sugar for breakfast --  not at my prime, but still fine for making and carrying out plans later.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was exhausted and nauseous after my 3-hour GTT, but felt better once I ate something. If you eat, then take a nap, you should be fine to entertain later that day. GL!
    TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP Chart
  • Options
    I was also exhausted and nauseous after! And I felt really hot. But then I ate, and felt 1000 times better! And then I took a nap. :)
  • Options
    The first hour was the worst for me...your body seems to adjust by the second and third hour.  I was fine to drive but I did make sure to eat something on my way back to work.  I didn't want to wait in a waiting room so I went out to my car every hour and read/rested through my test.
  • Options
    I was fine to drive, but was SUPER hungry! I was shaking so bad after wards cause i was so hungry, so i would say bring some crackers or something with you for after the test if your not close to food. 
  • Options
    I was fine through the whole test, and went straight from the dr and picked up Chinese....as I was eating my Chinese, my blood sugar dropped and I got really dizzy, light headed and sweaty...I thought I was going to pass out. But I put a cold wash cloth on my face, ate a banana and continued eating my Chinese, and after a few minutes felt normal again...I was a little tired the rest of the day, but nothing too bad!
    Jess
  • Options
    I was starving and a little shakey. I packed OJ and PB crackers to eat in the car afterwards. I felt MUCH better after eating. I was a little tired and took a nap that afternoon, but I wouldn't say I was exhausted. You'll probably be fine to hang out with your sister, as long as she doesn't expect a night out on the town! Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was starving. I ate everything in sight, even food I don't like. It turns out my blood sugar was at 59 by this point so it was very low and my body was just trying to get it back up.
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this!  I too go for my 3 hour test this Saturday!  I am not looking forward to it but will be glad to get it over with.  Best wishes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SO hungry and nauseous.  My hubby went with me, and we ended up going immediately to IHOP and enjoying some pancakes.  Felt better after stuffing myself! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"