3rd Trimester
Options

Bad cramps after sex- 37 weeks ?????

Ok I went to the DR and I'm 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. My husband and I had sex a few weeks ago and I cramped for about 6 hours... no blood. I told him I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it again. Well last night we did and I had horrible cramps that came and went for almost 7 hours. It hurt so bad I had to take a hot shower and just stand there. I thought I was going to go into labor. (This is my first so I don't know what to expect) I also have been losing white chunks (tissue? discharge?) in the toilet when I pee... nothing bloody yet. The doctor knew I was cramping after sex from the first time and didn't say I couldn't have it. She said it helps the baby come. I have had no complications with this pregnancy and I'm just confused... does anyone else hurt like this after sex? Is baby trying to make his way into the world lol? I can't find anything online about this so please advice!

Re: Bad cramps after sex- 37 weeks ?????

• Options
    Sex can stimulate labor -- there is actually a protein in semen that is similar to Petocin. That said, you should be comfortable with everything. If you're in pain like that after sex, I would say hold off. The white discharge doesn't seem alarming -- it's like either from you or the result of having sex.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

That happened to me with baby #2. After the second time having sex with contractions/cramps all night I told DH if this didn't put me into labor we were done having sex.

Luckily my water broke the next morning and the baby came 12 hours later:)

My guess(just a guess) is that you are having contractions~They feel like bad menstrual cramps. Especially if you are already dilated to 4cm. This can happen for days or weeks.  The discharge could be from sex or you losing your mucus plug, if you are really worried just give your Dr a call.

Good Luck!  Sounds like your body is gearing up for the big event!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This happened to me on Saturday, and I was a little freaked, but I searched the bump (!) and a lot of women seemed to have the cramping as well.  It lasted about 2hours for me, and really puts me off having sex since it hurt so much afterwards.

Good luck!!! 

• Options
    This actually started with me by around 16 weeks.  The Dr said they're just Braxton-Hicks and nothing to worry about.  They've gotten significantly stronger as we've gotten closer to the due date, but from what she's said as long as they're not so bad as to take the enjoyment out of sex they're not causing any harm.  If they are so bad you're not enjoying it you may want to just opt out for the last few weeks.  I doubt your partner wants you to be hurting that badly on his account!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"