VBAC

Welcome to the VBAC board!

Please feel free to introduce yourself and share your birth story. Anyone is welcome to post or lurk here--you don't have to be currently pregnant or have had a VBAC.  

Be sure to check out our birth stories, and our list of resources and recommended books.  More will be added as we go along:

https://vbacbumpies.blogspot.com/ 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Welcome to the VBAC board!

• Hey, what happened to the natural birth board?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ...never mind, I found it. they just moved it
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi I'm Ashley. I'm so happy to see this board on here! I have twin boys who are 5 now...and had a scheduled cs with them due to both being too big/breech baby on bottom. Anyways, I'm now 12 weeks pregnant and very excited to try for a VBAC! I am taking any and all advice I can get!
  • I had a horrible labor with DD that resulted in days of labor followed by an emergency c-section. I then had trouble healing from the c-section and had to have a home health nurse come out everyday for 6 weeks to treat my incision. I REALLY want to try a VBAC with baby number 2, but am also scared it will result in another emergency c-section.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • After being induced and ending up with an emergency c-section the first time , I already to try a vbac now. I am almost 30 weeks in an tonight, we found a doula to assist the process. I have read that a doula cannon increase the success rate. Feeling hopeful now!
  • My first birth had a textbook labor that ended in an unwanted cs. I think he was posterior at the end and I wish I'd had more support from my midwife to bring him down, instead of suggesting that I start to push. I exhausted myself, transferred from the birth center to the hospital and looking back, wish I'd gotten an epi to rest and help him move down more, but we had a c/s instead.

Two years later, I had a successful VBAC which we planned to take place at home for various reasons. It was 2 hours and intense, but awesome. We're planning another home birth in just a few weeks. We hired the same midwife and doula team and we're looking forward to it. My first VBAC story can be found here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/8837411/my-vbac-achieved-at-home-in-2-hrs
  • I love hearing the success stories. I was depressed when I had to have a c-section with the first. Four and a half years later I'm pregnant with my second and am fearing a vbac as well as another c-section. I really desire to have 5 kids so I'm thinking a vbac is best. Have any of you ladies had a hard time finding a provider to perform one? I'm learning a lot of drs in my area refuse to perform vbacs for legal reasons.
  • I'm Amber and had an unwanted c/s with my DS 3 years ago. He was breech. We are going to TTC in the Spring and I already had my VBAC consult with my very supportive doctor. Very excited to be pregnant and do this the way I wanted to the first time! Good luck to everyone!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• A37licia said:

My first birth had a textbook labor that ended in an unwanted cs. I think he was posterior at the end and I wish I'd had more support from my midwife to bring him down, instead of suggesting that I start to push. I exhausted myself, transferred from the birth center to the hospital and looking back, wish I'd gotten an epi to rest and help him move down more, but we had a c/s instead.

Two years later, I had a successful VBAC which we planned to take place at home for various reasons. It was 2 hours and intense, but awesome. We're planning another home birth in just a few weeks. We hired the same midwife and doula team and we're looking forward to it. My first VBAC story can be found here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/8837411/my-vbac-achieved-at-home-in-2-hrs

Follow up to this that I had my second VBAC! He came a bit early at 36w1d and was in the NICU for 10 days. He's healthy now though and we're home and giving him time to learn to eat. He was born in 3.5 hrs and I caught him myself in a labor tub at the hospital (and water births are not allowed). Labor was an awesome story.

• krk949krk949 member
    I had a c/s with my DS 17 months ago after we lost his heartbeat. He was healthy, but I hated the fact that I had to have a section. So, I am really,
    Really wanting to have a vbac this go around. I just found out we are expecting today, yay! I hope my Dr will be supportive of this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Hi!  I am currently 12 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I have a 2 year old daughter that was delivered by c-section.  I had a text book pregnancy with her until the end when she would not turn.  Her arms and legs were in my back, head tucked under my rib cage, and in an indian style breech position.  I carried her fullterm and never went into labor and no sign of her turning.  The c-section went great, however, was not how I imagined giving birth.  It left me depressed for a while.  This time my doctor is very confindent that a vbac is a great option for me.  I am hoping she feels the same way in February when the baby comes!!  I love seeing and reading about others success.  Having gone through a c-section, I think I will be better prepared for it this time if the vbac does not work out for me. 
  • I've posted here before, but it's been a while. 

I'm 7 weeks. I have a one year old son who (obviously) was born via c-section. I'm REALLY wanting to avoid another this time around.

Thanks to everyone that has posted their birth stories! They're all very inspiring and encouraging.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"