January 2011 Moms
Options

What is LO playing with?

Home electronics and non-toy toys don't count. I want suggestions on something I can go out and buy. I'm pretty sure DD is getting bored with her current toy selection.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is LO playing with?

• Options

Her favorite right now is putting random crap in other random crap... she'll seriously sit for a half hour and pile a deck of cards onto a chair, then knock them on the floor a few at a time over & over again.  She also seems to be more interested in stuff if I move things around for a while... this week we rounded up all her stuffed animals and piled them into a corner of her room, for instance.  She tunneled around in them, chilled out with them, etc.  We'll put them all back and add something else when she gets bored with that.

In terms of stand alone toys, she's pretty into her knock-off legos right now.  She got an off-brand which doesn't snap in like legos so it's easy for her to demolish what she builds.  She also really likes her fisher price mailbox, though it's largely because it sings obnoxious songs while she puts random crap in it.  Same with Potsy the leapfrog pot, though he's less obnoxious and more faaabulouuus.  I kind of love him, lol.

• Options
    James favorite right now is the Alphabet Train, right now he only really walks behind the front half, he has learned that it slides really well on the wood floors and will literally drift around the corners screaming the whole time. Otherwise he really likes the Melissa and Doug train puzzle, you put all the pieces together and it makes train noises. And he really like the Dance and Wiggle Dog. We are tempted to look for a good deal on the Rock and Roll Elmo as every time he sees it in the stores he goes bonkers and dances along.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Em is all about stacking, puting small toys into bigger toys and picking up big stuff (like her step stool, baby high chair) and carrying it all over the house. Actual toy would be this cat keyboard/piano music maker that we got for A at Target when he turned a year. She just loves to make noise.
  • Options

I will second the deck of cards, Whitney is intrigured with them and she plays with a stack of them for awhile. I got her that play kitchen today and she is enjoying opening and shutting the doors.  She also LOVES this:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11776584&searchURL=false

hahahah, i just looked in your siggy and it looks like she has that! lol

• Options

Joshua's current favorite is a set of stacking/nesting cups.  He loves to take them all apart and then put them all back inside each other.  He also loves his Mickey Mouse car - it is just a little plastic car with a plastic Mickey Mouse.  He puts Mickey in it nad pushes it around and then takes Mickey out to chew on and then back in the car to ride around.

On the more expensive toy side he likes his V-Tech alphabet train.  I put the letter blocks up right away when he got it because he just wanted to throw them everywhere. 

• Options
    Kain's favorite is a Elmo drum set - it has a cymbal and he loves to drum away on it.  occasionally he will use the other drums but mostly just the cymbal.  His other favorite toy is a pirate ship that you can ride on made by little tykes.  It has a seat that lifts up and you can put things in, or you can ride around on it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LO just really started actually taking an interest in more of his real toys (although he still loves his remotes, boxes, etc.) The current favorites are his Melissa and Doug latchboard, the Melissa and Doug pound and roll tower, FisherPrice Kitchen and his recorder/whistle thingy. I also got a bubble machine from amazon for about $15. It's not technically a toy, but he loves it. I let him stick his hand inside to stop it and he'll spend a good 20 minutes turning it on and off and stopping the wands.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    F is obsessed with trains and everything Thomas...

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has recently become obsessed with her stroller.  She'll push her stuffed bunny around forever.

• Options

My mom got DD a Fisher Price learn to walk stroller and a doll to put in it. DD is completely obsessed with the stroller and will not let the doll near it. She puts her "treasures" in it (a yogurt container she fished out of the garbage, my keys, a fridge magnet) and walks around with it all.day.long. She is like a homeless lady with it.

She also likes the LeapFrog picnic basket. And the Fisher Price shape sorter.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    DS loves his fisher price kitchen and a cheapo shape sorter ball. 
  • Options
    I got her a baby doll at BRU and ordered the FP Kitchen ($10 less on Amazon). Hopefully she likes them!
  • Options

imageSweetHurricane:
    I got her a baby doll at BRU and ordered the FP Kitchen ($10 less on Amazon). Hopefully she likes them!

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"