Health & Exercise

Hypertension and working out

I'm trying to keep my blood pressure low this go around (it didn't end well in my last pregnancy) and the only two things I keep seeing over and over again are exercise and a high veggie diet. The only thing is I'm worried about doing TOO much exercise (my loss is making me paranoid) and I'm worried about cutting out meat because I'm not a big fan of beans and rice aka the only vegetarian protein I know of besides milk, nuts and peanut butter.

So far I'm walking or running on the elliptical for at least 1 mile sometimes up to 3 and am trying to eat semi-vegetarian (eat meat on Sunday usually)  I'm also trying to eat PP&J sandwiches, milk and nuts...

Anyone else trying to avoid hypertension and an additional loss? How are you going about it?

My first Dr apt is on March first and I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant now. This is my second pregnancy and hopefully my first successful one.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hypertension and working out

• i only walked and did yoga durning my pregnancy.  I was worried about over-exerting myself, plus every time i tried to do more i would get sick so i stopped.  my body wasn't meant to workout when i'm pregnant which sux!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"