Health & Exercise

smoothie recipes?

Does anyone have any smoothie recipes they like and use? Im almost 4w and want to start doing a fruit and veggie smoothie in the morning... Also am I still getting all the nutrients with it blended up as if I just ate it raw? Thanks!

Re: smoothie recipes?

• Yes, you are still getting all the nutrients. They might even be easier digested because the blending action will break down the fiber.

My favorite as of late is a green smoothie. The recipe so far is spinach (about a cup), pineapple (a couple of spears), 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, and enough water to make the mixture blend. If I'm in the mood, I'll add either part of a banana or avocado to help make a smooth texture.

Other additions as of late include strawberries, but if you do that with the spinach, you'll get a strange brownish looking smoothie. It still tastes great, if you don't mind the color :) 

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • That sounds great! I love spinach so I will try it out :) thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • I do about 2 cups Spinach, 3oz of baby carrots, and one heaping cup of two different fruits.  Usually blueberries and banana's or strawberries and banana's.  You do get interesting colors but they still taste great, and the banana over powers the other tastes.
  • I just made this and it was fabulous!

Banana Berry Smoothie. Takes about 10 minutes.

2 Ripe bananas 2Cups Orange Juice 1 12oz bag of frozen berries 1/3C Wheat Germ 1C 0% Fat Greek Yogurt 1/2C Honey

Combine Bananas, 1C Juice, Berries, Yogurt, Wheat Germ, and Honey in blender. Blend 1 minute, while blending add rest of the juice. Blend til smooth.

The stats on this are 194 calories 1g Fat 0g Sat Fat 7g Protein 42g Carbs 4g Fiber 19mg Sodium 0mg Chol. This is supposed to be 6 servings.

Also I used Strawberries and V8 Splash(Mango Peach) instead of Orange Juice.

Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
  • https://amazinggrass.com/index.php?p=view_category&category_id=16&option_27=#flavor_filter

I've heard great things about these guys from a few of my pregnant & nursing mommy friends...  I'm going to try them out this weekend & I'll let everyone know how it works out!

• Im 18 weeks and have been making smoothies for about a year pre-pregnancy. My favorite is actually pretty simple though...I cut up banana and strawberries and keep them in the freezer so their nice and frozen. Every morning I take about 5 chunks of the frozen cut strawberries, five chunks of frozen banana, about half a cup of vanilla yogurt, about 2-3 cubes of ice, and a little bit of almond milk (the vanilla kind is AWESOME!!). I mix it up in my Ninja Blender and its ON!!! I really dont do any precise measurements just kinda throw whatever I'm feeling that morning and its just as good.  Yummy...I want another smoothie now : )

• Blender has been obtained!

I've been on a fruity kick lately, so my past few smoothies have consisted of:

8 - 12 ice cubes

1 1/2 cups of Simply Orange orange juice

1 cup of lowfat vanilla yogurt

1/2 of a banana

1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries (blackberry, blueberry & raspberry)

PRETTY YUMMY! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"