LGBT Parenting
Options

How was your long weekend?

Re: How was your long weekend?

• Options

We did not have long weekends...both of us worked yesterday lol.

Fri: Picked up Ky and went to the grocery. She did awesome in her car cart and I will use it every chance I get when going to the grocery with her! Got home and made mushroom ravioli and asparagus for dinner. We watched some tv after Ky went to bed.

Sat: Up early and cleaned house. Got ready for the day and wento my old office because my friend had something for me for Ky. Interviewed sitter. She is awesome! Similar background to myself; used to be an assistant director, certified in everything, similar educational beliefs that I hold. I picked up fast food ont he way home because I knew Ky would NEVER last through me making lunch at home without a meltdown since we were already way past nap time. Ky napped and I mopped and baked cookies. Our friend M came down for the night and we ordered Chinese take out and played pool.

Sun: Up early again thanks to Ky and the dogs. I made breakfast and M and Ann napped on the counch. I am not sure how with all the noise ky was making lol. They finally got up and we went out for lunch. Ky and I took a nap when we got back and they went to Best Buy to wander. M left when they got back from BB and our other friend K came down to stay the week. She recently got a job here BUT has no apartment yet so she is watching Ky this week while apartment searching.

Mon: WORK! BOO! But I was very productive since we were so SLOW. I got my whole desk cleaned and organized. I made cheesy potato soup and homemade cheesy italian bread for dinner. Ky used her soup as lotion when she was finished...sigh.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My dad was in town this weekend. I love him, but oh, my goodness he either didn't pay attention when I was a kid or has completely forgotten what it is like to have kids around.  Telling my kids a story about someone he knew who was shot and left for dead in a hotel? Check. Telling a story and mentioning someone's race/ethnicity every.single.time.? Check. Complaining about everything? Check. Sigh.

Friday we met him for dinner after work.

Saturday L stayed home to finish up her dissertation proposal while I took the kids to swimming lessons. I picked up my dad from his hotel and we took the kids to their first Chuck E. Cheese experience. Ugh. Walked around downtown Annapolis with what appeared to be half of the state and then home to chill out. Carter was exhausted and I ended up rocking him to sleep for a nap (can't remember the last time that happened) before going out to dinner.

Sunday we all took the kids to a new (to us) bounce place, but it was so small and filled with little kids that we left and took them bowling. Went to lunch and we went home to let the kids nap (they haven't napped on the weekend for 3m, but this weekend they were an exhausted mess.) When they got up, I took them to my dad's hotel to swim while L finished up some school stuff.  Kids got to bed late.

Monday morning we putzed around the house decluttering, etc. We went out for lunch and to do errands and were gone much longer than we anticipated. L took the kids scootering while I got ready for the week.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Friday: E spent some extra time with her dad and stayed the night at his place. A good friend had asked me to come to her place for game night, partly because she has a single friend she wanted to introduce me to. Said friend also happens to work at the same new hospital I just moved to. We clearly had a lot to talk about, so much so that the other people were giving us a hard time when our turns came up in the game and we were not paying attention! We made tentative plans to meet up as a group on Sunday for dinner.

Saturday: E's dad brought her home late morning. E and I had a slow day at home and then headed downtown for dinner and derby! We made it a super short night, I could tell E was tired from the moment she came home so clearly she had a late Friday night at her dad's.

Sunday: My friend who hosted game night texted me with plans for dinner. I had promised E that we would go ice skating (she's been asking to do this for a while now). So in the afternoon we went skating. It was fun but E fell a lot (of course) and got a pretty good bruise on one knee as a result. She got frustrated with how difficult it was after a bit, so we took a break for some hot cocoa and a snack and then went back out. She did a lot better the second time and it seemed to boost her confidence. By the end of the skate time she was asking if we could go again. After skating we met up with my friend and her gf and two kids and the girl I met at the game night. The girl and I ended up sitting next to each other, E sat between us for dinner but then afterwards moved to the other side of the table to play with one of the two kids. We talked a lot (I felt a little bad for my friends across the table, though they were winking and smiling at me the whole time). We talked about our schedules and she said she'd like to see me this coming weekend. At one point she took my hand in hers and we stayed like that until it was time to go. I have a crush. Embarrassed

Monday: I texted the girl to make plans for a date this coming Saturday. OMG I am so nervous already!!! We had great dialogue back and forth for a while until she had to get ready for work. E and I had a kinda rough day, she's been on a kick lately of wanting a dog and I'm just not ready to commit to that yet and she can't understand why. Thankfully the day ended much better. We ran a few errands, she got a new toy and we had dinner, did reading, bath and bedtime.

This morning...I met the girl for coffee here at work. She is super sweet and I can't wipe this silly grin off my face. Big Smile

• Options

imageseattlekari:
    I have a crush. Embarrassed

and I can't wipe this silly grin off my face. Big Smile

YAY!!! I love crushes! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    image2brides:

imageseattlekari:

YAY!!! I love crushes! 

Yes 

• Options
    imagetdmklm:
    image2brides:

imageseattlekari:

YAY!!! I love crushes! 

Yes 

yaaaayyyy!!!!  and now i have a silly grin on my face for you!

• Options
    imagectbride08:
    imagetdmklm:
    image2brides:

imageseattlekari:

YAY!!! I love crushes! 

Yes 

yaaaayyyy!!!!  and now i have a silly grin on my face for you!

Thanks ladies. You know you all will be the first to hear about it next week!!!

• Options
    image2brides:

imageseattlekari:

YAY!!! I love crushes! 

This.  YAY for you Seattle!  Definitely looking forward to hearing how it goes! 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    imageKershnic:
    image2brides:

imageseattlekari:

YAY!!! I love crushes! 

This.  YAY for you Seattle!  Definitely looking forward to hearing how it goes! 

Thanks Kershnic. I can't wait to tell you girls all about it. I love the support and friendship on this board!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"