January 2011 Moms
Options

Lurker Alert!

I just had a baby two days after Christmas. I've been running into so many good sales for next winter clothing. Now that you ladies have one year olds....do you think it's wise to buy clothes now? Some of the deals are so fabulous...but I wonder if it's too much of a gamble.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lurker Alert!

• Options
    If I could do it all over again, I would not buy clothes in advance. Everything I bought (other than onesies since they can be worn any time) ended up being the wrong size/season. Right now at age 13 months, she is in 18-24 month clothes. I have boxes of clothes that DD never wore that I'm now hoping my next LO will fit into so at least someone gets to wear them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSweetHurricane:
    If I could do it all over again, I would not buy clothes in advance. Everything I bought (other than onesies since they can be worn any time) ended up being the wrong size/season. Right now at age 13 months, she is in 18-24 month clothes. I have boxes of clothes that DD never wore that I'm now hoping my next LO will fit into so at least someone gets to wear them.

This.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't buy in advance because of what PP have said. 

But if it helps, JT is in size 18 months now. He was in 12 for the summer and fall, and starting to fit into 24 month tops.

It's all over the place. 

• Options
    I am just the opposite - now that I have a good idea of my child's rate of growth I will buy clothes ahead  if they are a super good deal.  I did this with oldest DS & had very little that went unworn.  We had some stuff from the first 6 months that went unused because we were told to expect a 9-10lb baby and ended up with a 7lb 11oz one.  I will go ahead and stalk the clearance racks for next winter.
  • Options

I'm doing what caniacmom is doing. My LO is pretty consistant with her growth, so i have bought a few things here and there that I assume will fit. I suppose its a crap shoot either way. I already bought a coat for this next winter. Since she is on the small size, I assume the 24 months will still fit. She still wears 12 months at almost 14 months old.

So...its really hard to say. lol. I just wouldnt go crazy.

• Options
    I try to go no more then 6 months ahead of his growth, so I am buying things for Summer time now if they are on sale in the 18-24th sizes. He is pretty on for all his clothes with his age, the only thing is pants he is in 18 month as he has long legs and 12 month stuff look like 1950s high waters. Just order a whole bunch of summer stuff from Kohls as it was all on sale and I had a 30% off.
  • Options
    I buy in advance, sort of.  I live in GA, and have a girl so I buy warm weather stuff in advance.  Anything that's out of season I can just put a longsleeve onesie under or a cardigan over.  For skirts, she can just wear them with leggings or tights.
  • Options

My kids are on the smaller side, ok the smallest side (1 percentile) They have always fit in exactly what they should have been wearing at the time or a little behind. So I buy ahead like crazy.

I bought 3T for DS this summer but just pulled out his summer clothes from 2011 and everything fits with room to grow, score! I imagine he'll be able to wear those 3T ones next summer though. DD is still in 9-12 months, but should fit into 18 months for the whole summer.

Only problem with them fitting into their clothes for so long is that I get bored with them and we end up with way too many in the same size. DD has 28 12 month outfits in her closet right now. Don't worry my H thinks I'm crazy too. 

• Options
    imageffejsGirl:

My kids are on the smaller side, ok the smallest side (1 percentile) They have always fit in exactly what they should have been wearing at the time or a little behind. So I buy ahead like crazy.

I bought 3T for DS this summer but just pulled out his summer clothes from 2011 and everything fits with room to grow, score! I imagine he'll be able to wear those 3T ones next summer though. DD is still in 9-12 months, but should fit into 18 months for the whole summer.

Only problem with them fitting into their clothes for so long is that I get bored with them and we end up with way too many in the same size. DD has 28 12 month outfits in her closet right now. Don't worry my H thinks I'm crazy too. 

I don't think you are crazy.  If I had a DD that would be on the low end for me.  Joshua probably has at least 20 outfits in a given size at any time.  Some are hand-me-downs but a lot are ones I have purchased on good sales or at a resale shop.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"