Upstate NY Babies
Options

sippy cup/doidy cup

Any recs? V tries the best with an avent one, but I'd like to try some others to see if there is another option he likes better.

Or, has anyone had luck with the doidy cup? I'd like to give it a try, but am not sure if it's just "gimmicky" or would be a good option. I like the idea of it better than a sipper though.

TIA!

Re: sippy cup/doidy cup

• Options
    E used the munchkin ones and A uses the Nuk ones (as that is what bottles he uses).  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a doidy cup and dd did well with it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Riley's starting to figure out a straw cup.  We use the Platex one...you can squeeze the bottom to help them learn to suck from the straw.  I thought it was kind of a long shot, but she's starting to use it on her own already.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies! I will check these out!
  • Options

imagejnk062602:
    We have a doidy cup and dd did well with it. 

If you don't mind sharing...Did you use the doidy to avoid the sippy or does she use them interchangeably?  Just curious. Thanks!

• Options

I bought the doidy cup bc I had tried so many sippy cups and she choked with them all.  But she had isues there...we went to EI and had a swallow study and all that.  So I was pretty much grasping at something that might work. She did well with it, but I couldnt do anything but water bc she would knock it over a lot.  And I definitely could use it when we were out of the house bc of the spills.  So yeah, it is good for open cup practice, but I wouldn't want that as my primary cup.

What ended up working for us until she was older was using a camelbak straw cup.  Minimal spilling.  Only downfall was she ended up ruining them by chewing the rubber straw tips, but by then we were on regular cups.

• Options

Ahhh. Gotcha. I am going to looks for these straw cups. Thank you!!!

Btw, the pic of your kids is adorable!!! 

• Options
    Thanks, V is getting quite grown up and handsome himself!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"