C-sections

C/S with anterior placenta?

Ladies - anyone have an anterior placenta with a scheduled C/S, or had one in the past?  Just wondering what your doctors said about it, and if you had any other issues/complications because of it! Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C/S with anterior placenta?

• Both of my pregnancies have had an anterior placenta.  OB never said anything last time about the c/s nor has she mentioned anything about the RCS.  I didn't have any complications with my first c/s.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • I had a c/s with an anterior placenta and it was no issue at all. My OB didn't even bring it up until I asked about it and she explained that it wouldn't cause any problems/complications with the c/s.

• Loading the player...
  • I have an anterior placenta this time, but it's not covering my previous c-section scar, and I guess it's a good thing according to my perinatologist.  If this is your first, I don't think there is anything to be concerned about.
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had one common anterior placenta and had no issues with my c/s.  I did ask the OB about before surgery and she wasn't concerned at all.
  • My twins had one anterior placenta and one posterior placenta and as far as I know it didn't cause any issues. My OB was explaining everything to a couple of residents and I never heard her even mention it.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Thanks ladies! Just wanted to see if anyone said anything different.  My doctor said it was not that big of a deal, just takes a couple extra minutes in the beginning to plan for it. 
  • I didn't know I had an anterior placenta with Aidan until the day he was born. They told me after he was born. There were no complications with me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Always had it, never had a problem.  It's usually moved up by that point.  It would be previa or partial if it was to get in the way of a c/s, I would think.  Mine is all the way at the top this time and I'm a little more concerned about how they're going to get the placenta out this time.  But, I'm sure it's not the first they've seen.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I had it and had an emergency c section. No issues.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had one and the only issue was that the Dr. had to split the placenta to get to the baby, which made it a little more difficult to remove once the baby came out.  All that meant for me, though, was a TON of pressure while they tried to remove it, and I was hopped up on drugs, so I started to panic because I thought my Dr. "Was trying to kill me" by crushing my rib cage.  I tried to flee the table, but I was obviously numb and paralyzed so I couldn't actually go anywhere.  They had to give me some more drugs to calm me down, but there weren't any "complications" because of it.
    May, 2010, DH DX: Low Testosterone
    July, 2010, DH SA: 3% morph
    July, 2010, DH Rx: 50 mg Clomid EOD
    BFP: 9/3/10 ~ M/C: 9/7/10
    BFP: 10/9/10 ~ My beautiful Grace Dorothy was born on 6/14/11
    Beta #1 (12 DPO): 111/24 ~ Beta #2 (16 DPO): 722/23 ~ Beta #3 (20 DPO): 3,338/15.3
    BFP: 11/14/11 ~ Spotting/Betas not doubling, but HB of 113 bpm @ 6 wks 1 day!
    My Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DH's Low Testosterone/ED Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"