November 2011 Moms
Options

weekend sleeping

To all the working moms out there.  What do you do on the weekends to try to sleep in?

During the week DD is woken up by 5:30 to nurse before going to DC.  On the weekends she wakes up by 6-6:30 at the latest, unless she goes to bed later than usual. 

I have been getting up and being up for the day, but I'm thinking it would be nice to nurse her then put her down, like it's the middle of the night, and go back to bed for a couple hours.  Anyone else have success with that?

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: weekend sleeping

• Options
    When DS was still this young, we were able to get up with him at 6:30 or 7, let him eat, then play for about 45 minutes and the go back to bed until around 9:30 or 10, but that was as close as we ever got.  DD gets up and does a cycle at around 5 or 5:30 and then we can go back to bed until 7 when DS gets up for the day.  Occasionally, we might get to sleep until 7:45 but we've just accepted that sleeping in isn't going to happen for a few years unless we switch off.  And even then I still don't really get to sleep in since I have to get up to pump.
    Mc 6/2/08 at 6w2d * CP 11/22/08 * CP 1/21/09 - Dx compound heterozygous MTHFR 3/23/09 - BFP 3/24/09
  • Options
    DH gives me a break on the weekends and gives her a 5 AM bottle.  We are very very lucky in that she will go back down for a couple of hours especially if we put her back in her sleep sack after changing her diaper.  She does it during the week too, though...after I feed her early in the morning I lay her back down and most of the time she goes to sleep again before we leave for work at 7.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been wondering about this myself since I just went back to work this week. DS is up for the day by 6:30 during the week so I was worried about getting him to go back to sleep this morning. It took a bit longer than usual but he did go back down for ~1.5 hours (thank goodness!).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"