Options

Wedding GTKY Questions!

2»

Re: Wedding GTKY Questions!

• Options
    imageKrsCrp83:
    imagePrettyBabyBlues:
    imageKrsCrp83:

Was there any family drama?  No family drama, bridal party drama though!  One of my bridesmaids (SIL) caught the bouquet and another bridesmaid literally tackled her to the ground and wrestled it from her.  The other bridesmaid was totally hammered, wound up puking all over herself later in the evening, getting into a physical fight with her boyfriend, etc.  The rest of the girls and a few of our other guestswere so wonderful though - they took care of it and got her home without me even knowing what was happening!  I didn't hear about it until the brunch the next day.

OMG!!! How terrible! How did you handle that afterwards? Did you ever address it with that bridesmaid or did you leave it be?

Yeah, it was pretty awful, and effectively ruined our friendship.  Her boyfriend is a jerk to begin with, but after the way he behaved that night and the way she behaved (and made excuses for his behavior.. sorry, in my book no excuse is good enough for him punching her in the head.. guess my standards are just high like that), plus a few other factors, our friendship was pretty much done.  We met up for coffee once or twice after and she apologized, but we're not friends anymore.

And my SIL wound up getting engaged like 4 months later, so she should have caught the bouquet anyway!!!

Doesn't surprise me that that's how it ended up. That was incredibly poor behavior for a friend to act at your wedding. I would imagine the circumstances would end up the same way if I were in the same situation. Seriously... all that sounds like it came out of a wedding comedy. lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Describe (Or add PIP) of your:

wedding dress & veil:

bouquet: This was the 2nd bouquet they did.  The first one they sent was all pink and looked just like the bridesmaids.  My mom called and this is what they ended up doing.  It still wasn't what we discussed, but I was much happier with it.

hairdo : My sister did my hair but I don't have a picture of it.  I wore it up.

shoes, bridesmaid dresses, groomsmen tuxes/suits, & colors:

ceremony venue: We got married at the Church from my High School.  I went to a Catholic HS.

reception venue: The Marriott Hotel which was walking distance from the church.  It is on the water.  Here is a picture of the view.  You could see the Naval Academy from the deck.

center pieces: We had a clear bowl w/candles around it.  People put notes to the Bride and Groom in it.  It was so much fun reading what everyone had to say.  Especially the ones from later in the night.

wedding cake:

What date were you married? 3/13/10

Did you have a small/medium/large wedding? I don't know if you would consider it small or medium.  We invited around 150 people and a little over 100 came.  DH's friends all came w/out there spouses.

Traditional or non-traditional? Traditional

Who was your officiant and why did you choose them? the Deacon at the Church.  I liked him much better then the priest we had met with.  Plus he knows my family well.  Also, we didn't have a full Catholic Mass since DH isn't Catholic.  So it made sense to go with the Deacon over a priest.

Who is your maid of honor, what made you choose her? Both of my sisters.  I would have gone w/my BFF but I didn't want to hurt my sisters feelings.

How many bridesmaids did you have? 4 total.  But my one sister was sick so she is missing from most of our photos.

How were your emotions during the day? Nervous, jittery, excited, happy.  They were all over the place.

Did you or your DH cry at any point in the day? a little, but not like I was expecting to.  DH didn't cry, he never does.  The only time I saw him cry was the day our son was born.

Was there any family drama? No, but my sister was sick and we weren't sure she would make it or not.  She ended up making it to the ceremony, but sat w/my parents.  She also came to the reception for a little bit.

Did the wedding ?go off without a hitch? or did you endure any glitches? it was raining so hard that day, but it did stop for a little bit to allow me to get in the church and take some pictures afterwards.  It actually flooded in front of the hotel that our reception was in.  Here is a picture that you can see the rain on the windows.

What was one unique thing you added to your wedding? I don't know if we did.  I did dedicate a song to both my parents and DH's b/c they both were celebrating 40 yrs of marriage that year.

What was your something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue?  I can't remember.  I did have a lot of things borrowed, like my shoes and veil.

Did you write your own vows? No

What song did you walk down to? Canon D

What song played during your first dance with DH? Father, daughter dance? My little girl by Steve Kirwan. Mother, son dance? I can't remember what they danced to.

Did you stay until the very end of reception or leave before the end? stayed to the end and then went out after going back to our hotel room and changing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"