Washington Babies
Options

Listen to 102.5 tomorrow!!! (and a Dad update).

Between 8:30am - 10am.  My Dad is the special guest for the morning.  My DH, Erik, contacted the radio station when we found out about my dad's lung cancer and they invited him to be their "backstage guest" for tomorrow.  Why tomorrow you may be asking yourself...because it's his 56th birthday!!!  It's going to be a total surprise to him.  My stepmom is taking him to the station tomorrow and not telling him anything. 

So, that's about the only great news in my life right now.  Now for the bad news....

My dad got his full diagnosis last Friday.  It's about the worst news he could have got.  He has stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer.  He has 4-5 tumors in each lung and it has also spread to his lymph nodes already.  Basically, we think he has less than a year to live (really it will be more like 6-12 months to live).  My heart is completely broken right now.  It's hard to believe that I am going to lose my dad so soon after losing my mom to lung cancer.  It's even tougher because he hasn't smoked in over 15 years or so. 

I basically am a complete wreck right now and just break down and cry everyday.  This has been such a tough week and it's only the first week.  So please, keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  He means the world to me. 

Re: Listen to 102.5 tomorrow!!! (and a Dad update).

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your dad... I'll be sure to say a prayer for your family.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry..

But I will tell you that one of my friends has/had stage 4 rectal cancer (she's only 39) and it had spread to her lungs as well.  She responded really well to chemo and radiation and was cancer free in the spring.   A few little spots showed back up this fall and she's doing chemo again...

But stage 4 doesn't have to be a death sentence... fight, stay strong, try to send positive energy, pray, etc...  I hope he has a miracle waiting for him.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs and prayers to you, darlin girl, hugs and prayers.  I'm so sorry...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Hang in there mama.
  • Options

Sharon I'm so sorry!  This was the last thing you needed to hear!  Try to stay positive though, one of my friends has been battleing breast cancer for 5 years and this year after she thought she was in remission they found tumors in her brain, lungs, diaphram and ribs.  She has been fighting it since december.  She is doing very well they had to work on the brain first because the tumor at the base of her spine was close to doing some major damange and in the mean time she got pneumonia and had a 3 week stay at UW. But now is doing very very well they got the tumors to shrink by 50%, which is by no means out of the woods yet but she is fighting. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that miracles do happen.  They gave her 6 months last december and its almost been a year!  I am praying for your dad and wishing you a miracle as well!!!

imageimage Brothers! image
  • Options
    Hugs girly!!!  I too say stay strong and help him fight it!!!  I hopehe has a good time this morning!!
  • Options

I'm so sorry to hear this... I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"