Cincinnati Babies
Options

Babysitter Rates??

So far we have only used family when we have gone out without our LO. But now I am looking to secure a sitter for the random date nights. We only have our LO (7 months old). Whats the going rate these days?

Re: Babysitter Rates??

• Options
    I would say it depends on when you're going out. If it's an evening during the weekend, I would probably pay between $8-$10/hour. But, if the sitter won't be getting there until after your LO is asleep, or your LO will be asleep most of the time the sitter is there, I would stay at $8/hour.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree w/ Dori, I also think it depends on how old your sitter is-- I pay college kids more than high school kids and I pay less for sitters that we have to go and pick up and drop off. That being said our go to girl who is 16 (doesnt drive yet though) we pay about $6/hour for week nights since she comes over after Nicholas is in bed (or she puts him to bed 30 mins after arriving and he goes down super easily) and Maggie just sleeps the whole time and we also have to pick her up and drop her off back home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I have secured 2 night babysitters. One for $8/hr that is younger and one for $10/hr that is older. Glad they seem to be reasonable with their rates :)
  • Options
    We pay $10/hour for our two girls.  We've only used babysitters that are college aged or older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have an in home sitter that we pay $5/hr...but we always pay much more for her, and don't let her protest.  $5/hr is stealing service.  We also like Skidaddles, but they are 18 months+.  $8.50/hr for drop in care.  DD loves it.  It is easy because we don't have to plan ahead for date nights. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We pay a woman from our daycare $10 an hour.  She is the only other person we have every had babysit.  She drives herself and we really trust her since the kids know her too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"