Pregnant after a Loss
Options

cerclage and funneling

I am currently 22.5 weeks pregnant and at 16 weeks I had a cerclage placed as my cervix was determined to be incompotent.  I have had 3 ultrasounds (every other week), including one today to make sure the cerclage is doing what it is supposed to do. The previous 2 ultrasounds reported that my cervix was getting longer and there wasn't any funneling happening. Today, my cervix was the same lengthas the previous but today there was funneling. I am freaking out a bit about it but the radiologist said that he wasn't concerned and my stitch was doing its job. ANyone else have a similar story that can calm my nerves.  I am thinking about calling my regular ob and asking her to make me a referal to the high risk doctors who put my stitch in for a second opinion.. Just trying to do all I can to get a health as close to term as possible, take home baby.

Re: cerclage and funneling

• Options
    Wish I had some answers for you, but I hope you get help from your OB.  Seeing a high risk doctor sounds like a good idea.  You might even try asking this question on the high risk board to see if anyone over there has information for you.  Good luck, hope everything turns out to be fine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am really sorry you are going through this. I go for my first cervix u/s on Thursday because my cervix is "odd" as my OB says. As soon as he saw my cervix, he recommended that I go to a high risk OB for my u/s and cervix checks. So I don't think your request is that outrageous. Be safe and be your own advocate!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I had an answer for you.  You'll be in my thoughts and I hope everything goes great.  ((hugs))
    ** Labor buddies with E3A7AGGIE! ** Photobucket Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"