July 2012 Moms
Options

Confused about some posts (Long rant)

I hope this doesn't start anything and I apologize if it does. How did it get started that if you hate going through your pregnancy you are going to be a horrible mother? I don't get how those two can coincide like that.

Me: I love being pregnant, but that doesn't mean I am gonig to be a good mother. I am going to do my very best. I have been extremely fortunate through my pregnancy, but that doesn't define how me as a mother will be.

For the women who are experiencing horrible morning sickness, terrible pains, lots a weight loss, or whatever is going this discomfort and making them anxiously waiting till the day they can hold their LO and know that they probably won't have to worry about the pain (unless the want to go through another pregnancy and it happens again IF IT DOES) make them a horrible mother. I just don't get it.

How you feel during your pregnancy doesn't define how you are going to be as a mother. People shouldn't even put that through our heads, we are hormonal and if a woman who is going through pain and isn't enjoying their pregnancy will be highly offended and has every right to be. We don't need to be putting these ridicolous thoughts/accussations in our heads.

Now what does define a good mother is . . . . a woman who tries EVERYTHING she can to make anything possible for their child if at all possible; to make them happy, to make them feel bettter, to ensure they are provided with the necessities in life . . . .well that is just a few if I could name all of them none of us would get to bed.

Thanks for letting me rant!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Confused about some posts (Long rant)

• Options
    I think I love you.  Will you marry me?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageeafogel:
    I think I love you.  Will you marry me?

Sure, we can go over to theknot and plan the wedding!Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I completely agree. I've had a pretty mild pregnancy and I still have moments from it that I've hated. I will love this LO with my whole heart! Even if the journey to him or her getting here isn't easy.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Great post! I have had a really rough pregnancy, perhaps not compared to some people but its been hard these past few weeks and I have so had moments of just wanting to be done! But its a desire to be at the end and have my baby safe in my arms not a hatred of my child. Its a genuine dislike of spending the bulk of the day hurling in my bathroom and only eating toast.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMissMusic:

This is a great post, thank you!  I completely agree.

In addition, I think there is a lot of pressure on women to be perfect moms: you have to breastfeed, glow, fart rainbows, lose the weight fast, be on the PTA, keep a perfect home, etc.  In other words, I personally feel like there is the idea out there that you have to be Wonder Woman in order to be a good mom.

Having gripes, leaving the dishes in the sink, making your kids take the bus, feeding them some french fries once in a while, forgetting to color your hair--its all ok!  Its OK to be overwhelmed, tired or cranky.  I hate it when people judge others because they don't live up to the expectations of what "good mom" means--including those who think that not loving being pregnant means you're a terrible person!

/rant

Yes 

• Options
    Yes
    Chemical Pregnancy 2001, Married 8/8/09, TTC April 2011, BFP 5/8/11, Missed M/C @ 9wk5d, D&C 6/21/11 BFP 11/13/11 Chase Everett born at 29wks 0 days on 5/7/12 at 2 lbs 14 oz, 14 1/2 inches long.
  • Options
    Excellent post!! Thank you for stating what should be obvious. I am also annoyed with people who say we should "enjoy this time" because it goes so fast. Do I enjoy throwing up? Not so much. Do I enjoy feeling the little wiggle of my baby inside me? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have the little one in my arms! Only 5-6 more months ladies, it will fly by I'm sure, and we will all be amazing mothers because we will love our babies- and that is what makes an amazing mom. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMissMusic:

In addition, I think there is a lot of pressure on women to be perfect moms: you have to breastfeed, glow, fart rainbows, lose the weight fast, be on the PTA, keep a perfect home, etc.  In other words, I personally feel like there is the idea out there that you have to be Wonder Woman in order to be a good mom.

Having gripes, leaving the dishes in the sink, making your kids take the bus, feeding them some french fries once in a while, forgetting to color your hair--its all ok!  Its OK to be overwhelmed, tired or cranky.  I hate it when people judge others because they don't live up to the expectations of what "good mom" means--including those who think that not loving being pregnant means you're a terrible person!

/rant

x100

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thumbs up all around :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMissMusic:

/rant

I'm so overwhelmed you made me cry. 
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Options
    I agree completely! I'm even hard on myself, when I know I shouldn't be, when I feel like "I just want Ethan to be here so I can hold him and stop worrying 24-7 about this pregnancy".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for this post!  So far, I've hated everything about being pregnant, and I've felt guilty about it the whole time.

It's miserable, and I have to admit, I've become quite snarky about it at times.  My poor DH has become incredibly careful about expressing his excitement, because I've totally ripped his head off for being excited while I'm miserable.

BUT...all that doesn't mean I won't love and adore my baby once it's here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"