Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 month old and routine

My son is just over 4 months old and does not like to take naps in his crib.  We have tried over and over to get him to take a nap in there but he wakes up the second you lay him down.  He also will not go to sleep without a bottle and then you can lay him down.  I would like to get him to go in his crib before he falls asleep.  Any suggestions on how to start a routine.  He goes to daycare and this would make things so much easier on them as well. 

Re: 4 month old and routine

• Options

I actually found that daycare helped with naps and I was overly stressed about what would happen.  DD was napping in her crib but she only takes 45 min naps and sometimes it still takes a couple tries to put her down asleep and it took a couple weeks to make the transition from her Rock and Play to the crib.  She had to be swaddled so she wouldn't startle herself awake.  We have a nap routine (singing, bouncing, dark room) which also helped.  Just this weekend we're going to tackle putting her down awake for naps (we conquered night time already) and see how that goes. 

• Options
    I read in Babytalk magazine that it's helpful to not let babies nap where they go to sleep at night. Like, for instance, not napping in his crib during the day. It's to know the difference between day time naps and sleeping at night, so it doesn't confuse them. If that makes sense?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"