Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How to keep a City Mini folded?

Does anyone know how to make the Citi Mini stay folded? I've been looking online but the only thing I can find is there is a fold strap to keep it closed but I can't figure out what that means! I'm flying with it in a few weeks so I guess I need to have it figured out before then.

Also - if anyone has flown, did you just check your car seat or do the plane side drop off? Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to keep a City Mini folded?

• Options

Mine (last year's model) has a little 'hook' that you can put down and it locks into the side.  it's really hard to find (not obvious at all), along the side, near the canopy, if I remember correctly. 

However, we never lock ours when we check it.  just fold it up, sit it by the plane door, and when we get off the plane, it's already set up for us and we're ready to go.  we've never had a problem not locking it and have flown 4 times with it (once with the snap and go, which was locked and got bent to $hit).  

image  image
  • Options

I had to go online to watch a You Tube video for my MC double. I have the Single 2011 version and have yet to figure it out.

We flew Southwest and they had us call the day before and see if there were empty seat and there was so we brought her car seat and used it on the plane and gate checked our stroller (at that time it was our giant Chicco one). On the way home we had to check the seat at check in, and they wrapped it in a plastic bag for us and it went in with the luggage. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

k, i just checked out mine, and here's how to lock it:

when you're standing behind it, run your hand down the canopy rail on the right hand side and you'll find the little black plastic lock (it's just a hook).  it's underneath where you velcro the canopy to the frame, about half way down.  

now that you know where it is, fold up the stroller and lay it on the ground so that the front wheel is sticking straight up and the 2 wheels are against the floor.   now you'll be able to press it together enough to hook that against the post on the lower half of the stroller. 

good luck!

image  image
  • Options
    The lock is hard to find and harder to use IMO.  DH literally had to almost sit on our stroller to get the lock locked!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs.Purdue:

k, i just checked out mine, and here's how to lock it:

when you're standing behind it, run your hand down the canopy rail on the right hand side and you'll find the little black plastic lock (it's just a hook).  it's underneath where you velcro the canopy to the frame, about half way down.  

now that you know where it is, fold up the stroller and lay it on the ground so that the front wheel is sticking straight up and the 2 wheels are against the floor.   now you'll be able to press it together enough to hook that against the post on the lower half of the stroller. 

good luck!

Thanks for going to all that trouble!!! I was sitting at work trying to surreptitiously look it up on my phone... it wasn't going too well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"