Multiples
Options

Fussing and crying after feedings

Just wanted to know if it anyone else had this issue.  My girls have been fussing after pretty much every feeding lately.  They will eat without any issues and then as we are holding them afterwards and burping, they will cry and squirm and fuss for  10-20 minutes.  After that they usually settle down and we try to get a little play time in before they go back to sleep.  Is this something normal?? Thanks!
image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fussing and crying after feedings

• Options
    Sounds like gas or reflux to me. If they're burping well during feeds, I'd call the pedi to see about reflux. Or maybe they are having a reaction to their formula? (if you're EBF then I'd say reflux.)
  • Options
    I am pumping and supplementing with formula.  They have been on the similac sensitive since being in the NICU.  Could they be having a reaction to that now??  I have a feeling they do have some reflux and their Pedi did say something about that last time.  He suggested that we hold them upright for at least half an hour before putting them down to help keep any reflux away.  They do have a lot of gas and seem to have sensitive stomachs.  They get gripe water several times a day to help them with that.  We go back to their Pedi in a few days for their 2 month appt.  I am going to ask him about it and see what he says.  Thanks for the input!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would agree with the gas and reflux answer as well..my boys had reflux and were on zantac for so long and spit up until they turned 1!!! horrible! but mylicon works great too..try either putting it in the bottle...always helped my boys instantly! Gripe water did nothing for them.

Hope they get better soon!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"