D.C. Area Babies

any mamas have the Bumbleride Indie?

hi! I'm thinking of getting the bumbleride indie.  we live in Del Ray, have two active dogs, so lots of walks and dog parks.  and for some reason I just don't want a BOB!

I love the all terrain wheels on the Indie and how it's lightweight (20 lbs).  but i'm worried it's kinda bulky.  how is it getting in and out of the car, maneuvering in the stores, metro etc?  also do you know where in the DC area I can go test drive one?  I didn't see it at Babies R Us or Giggle. thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: any mamas have the Bumbleride Indie?

• It's at BuyBuyBaby in Springfield.  The fold is bulky, but the ride is awesome.  I considered getting the double, but the fold size is ruling it out for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really, really liked the Bumbleride Indie but I thought the fold was clunky and would be difficult for me to open by myself. I have been doing some research and I think we are going to get the new City Mini GT that's coming out in March. It has the fold of the City Mini but the all terrain tires that we liked on the Bumbleride. Mightn't be a good option for you - good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs. G in DC:
    I really, really liked the Bumbleride Indie but I thought the fold was clunky and would be difficult for me to open by myself. I have been doing some research and I think we are going to get the new City Mini GT that's coming out in March. It has the fold of the City Mini but the all terrain tires that we liked on the Bumbleride. Mightn't be a good option for you - good luck!

The CMGT is our second choice! It has smaller wheels (8.5 instead of 12 inches) but same weight. The advantages of CMGT are the easy fold and it can hold a kid up to 65 lbs and is taller. So it will last longer. 

BR Indie is only up to 45lbs.  but the BR indie has other great features that CMGT doesnt have-- car seat adapter is built in not separate, footrest comes up, back reclines flat for infant, can be used for light jogging (has safety strap).  The only downside I see of Indie is the two step fold. I need to try it in person.  But dimension wise they are nearly the same. 

City Mini GT = 44?L x 24.5?W x 30?-43.5?H 

Bumbleride Indie = 36" L x  24.5 W x 34.5 H

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We have the Bumbleride Indie Twin and it's great.  Major selling point - you can easily access the basket, something I had trouble doing with the City Minis.

Any store meeting ADA requirements for wheelchair clearance (side to side in aisles) will be fine to get around with a double like the Bumbleride.  World Market is a b**ch though :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"