Health & Exercise
Options

Knee issues and exercise

I blew out my knee last week at the gym. What can I do to lose weight without putting pressure on my knee? I'm desperate to exercise!!! I still have another 25 pounds I need to lose!!

Re: Knee issues and exercise

• Options
    Swim laps or get on the bike.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have a bad knee and the only way I can even walk on it is to take a supplement called glucosamine.  It is a natural joint and cartlidge rebuilder.  Without it I can't even swim or ride a bike, with it I can do an hour on the stair climber.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did spinning until my knee could handle running again.  It didn't bother my knee at all, but it probably depends on the kind of knee injury you have.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

First things first, since you know you're INJURED, go in and get the extent to which determined with the Sports Ortho!  You don't want to be messing things up more when it's something that might be able to be fixed with a little one on one time with the PT.  The other thing is it could be an alignment issue that caused the knee to "blow out" in the first place (stuff rolls downhill - your pelvis might still be tilted forward which could be affecting the whole chain which a PT will be able to help you learn how to take care of... 

My pelvis tilts out of place so easily that I finally learned through enough PT sessions how to pop it back into alignment myself as well as what to do for the rehab to get the kneecap back in place.  It is what it is, but nip the problem in the bud because something your doing caused the problem, fix it now before it gets worse!!  OTOH, bionic knees are stronger than natural ones LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FloF9FloF9 member
    Ditto on going to the doctor FIRST.  Then take it from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"