Cloth Diapering
Options

If you have an HE machine, have you tried Tide with good results?

We are using charlie's soap right now, which is working fine.  But, Tide Ultra (he) would be cheaper and easier to get.  If you use(d), how did/does it work for you and how much do you use in a load? 

I tried purex free, and it didn't get rid of the stink.  It cleaned the visible poop, but didn't get rid of the smell.  Several sources said people had good luck with it.  Not us.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: If you have an HE machine, have you tried Tide with good results?

• Options
    We've been using Tide with our FLer for several months and have no problems. 
    imageimage

• Options

I've only been using it for about 3 weeks or so but so far, so good.  I use about 2 tablespoons of Tide HE powder (original scent) with a smidgen of oxyclean in the detergent drawer with a hot wash and a second rinse.  After it's done, I do one more warm rinse cycle since I'm paranoid about build-up.  They still come out smelling like the Tide fragrance but I haven't had any rash issues or stink issues yet, so I'm sticking with my routine for now.

Prior to Tide, I had been using Planet, and after a month or so of using it, the diapers started smelling not so fresh.  Tide is way better with our washer and water so far.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll add, this is my routine: Soak cycle with a scoop of oxyclean to add weight. Then I use Tide up to the first line, and do a lont hot wash with a double rinse. My diapers don't smell like Tide.

We also have somewhat hard well water. 

imageimage

• Options
    We have used Tide with our HE machine for years without problem.
  • Options

It's all I've ever used on my CDs.  I haven't had any problems.

ETA: I use halfway to the "1" line, which measures out to 1.5-2 tbsps.

• Options
    I have used it with great results. Depending on the load size I do either halfway to line 1 or to the line. :)

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"