VBAC
Options

Was anyone's first c/s due to placental infarction?

My baby was born at 40w2d via c/s because of decreased fetal movement and late decels on the fetal monitor. We discovered later after my placenta was biopsied that it was infarcted, and that's why baby was in distress and needed the emergency c/s.

Has anyone else experienced this and then went on to have a successful VBAC? I'd be really curious to hear your stories! 

greenbaby
BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Was anyone's first c/s due to placental infarction?

• Options

i'll let you know in about 5-6 weeks Wink

had a c/s with my first after variable decels on the monitor and they too told me the placental pathology showed several infarctions.

funny thing is, my new OB group's MFM doc gave me a funny look when i was telling him about my first L&D...almost like he didn't believe that the infarctions were that rare or the reason for distress.  now i could be reading a lot into a "look".

feel free to email me if you want to chat more, zubenescamali at hotmail dot com. i'm sure i'll post my birth story on here either way

• Options
    I had a c/s for decells of her heartbeat, and my doctor thought I was having a placental abruption. They did a biopsy on the placenta and come to find out I had a small fibroid behind it. I am 13 days from my due date and if I don't go on my own by the 11th I will have another c-section on the 11th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"