Military Families

New to the board

Hi everyone,

Glad I found this board, as the military world certainly has its own culture(s)!  DH and I are in San Antonio--He is AD USAF and I work for the Army (I'm also an Army brat).  He got back from the 'Stan in May and we get to stay put for a short while.  We're both working at Ft Sam Houston at the MTF (BRAC has "completed"). 

We're expecting our first and would love to know more nuances about Tricare and all the other good stuff we come across.   

Re: New to the board

• HEYYY,

We are in San Antonio too!!!!  My husband is WTB.  He isn't really stationed to Ft.  Sam but more SAMMC/BAMC... whatever you wanna call it now!!!  How long have you been here?  Welcome to the bump... this board is kinda slow but if you give it time people will respond. 

• Welcome to the board and congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemelissaclaireJ:

HEYYY,

We are in San Antonio too!!!!  My husband is WTB.  He isn't really stationed to Ft.  Sam but more SAMMC/BAMC... whatever you wanna call it now!!!  How long have you been here?  Welcome to the bump... this board is kinda slow but if you give it time people will respond. 

Awesome!  We've been here for almost 4 years, which feels crazy long.  Has to do with DH's training.  How about you guys?  

Hope your husband is well on his way to recovery :) 

• I have lived here my whole life.  My husband has been here since Feb 2009.  We met right after he got here through a friend and have been married 10 months now.  He is doing well and almost done with his MEB now.  Do you like it here?  Do you live on post?
  • imagemelissaclaireJ:
    I have lived here my whole life.  My husband has been here since Feb 2009.  We met right after he got here through a friend and have been married 10 months now.  He is doing well and almost done with his MEB now.  Do you like it here?  Do you live on post?

That's great!  Congrats on your wedding!  

I like it here okay--I'm originally from TX, but the heat here really gets to me.  I miss having four seasons :)  I also feel the traffic in SA is unreal.  I've lived in other major metro areas, with no issues (other than longer commutes).  I live off-post.

You?  Are you guys planning on sticking around after his MEB is finished? 

• We live off post in an apartment but coming march we will be moving into a rental house.  We will definitely be staying in San Antonio.  It is my home and I actually like it here.  The heat is HORRIBLE though :( and I do miss rain for the 6 months we don't get any.  I am actually kinda sad we had pretty much no winter at all this year.
  • Congrats on the home!  That will be nice :)  

SA is pretty great--I think I'm just missing the taste of the four seasons I got up north.  I've always pictured myself living by water, which we don't see much of here :p 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"