2nd Trimester
Options

Peg Perego Primo Viaggio car seat??

Have any second time moms used the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio car seat?  Or are any of you first time moms going to be using it?  We found a great deal on it last night and I?ve been trying to do research on it and it seems like it?s getting great reviews (except that it is about 2 lbs heavier than most car seats).  I have been searching for a website that shows safety ratings but can?t seem to find one.  I just want to ensure I am getting one of the safest car seats for our baby.  We were planning on going with the Chicco Keyfit 30 which I?ve heard great things about and the store said that this one is very comparable, just usually more expensive (except for when you get it at a great price!).

Any feedback on the car seat would be appreciated or if you know where I can find safety information!  

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Peg Perego Primo Viaggio car seat??

• Options
    The Chicco Key Fit has a higher safety score on Consumer Reports, a 79 compared to a 60.
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options

We registered for the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio.  This one and the Chico Key Fit both had great ratings in the Baby Bargains book.  

We went with Peg Perego because we also registered for the Citi Mini stroller and the Peg Perego was 1 of the recommended car seats that fits the best with the adapter on the stroller.  (at least according to buy buy baby)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I bought it over the weekend as well as the Peg Perego Java  stroller at babies r us it was on clearence for 90.00 for the stroller and 104 for the car seat.  I also registered for the Peg Perego Skate stoller which the car seat also fits.   I love it.  The stroller is soooo light and easy to manuver.   The extra 2 lbs will just tone my arms more.  For the price you can't beat it.  After looking at ratings there is always someone who gets a lemon and has an issue.  I was able to get a 15 month manufuctured warrently on both for 30.  if anything happens I get my $$ back.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I haven't used it but I've looked into their strollers and they have great reviews too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the peg perego and love it.  My only complaint - which is a big one - is the weight of the seat.  It is much heavier than my other seats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"