D.C. Area Babies
Options

plain pasta, really?

I've been really lucky so far in that I haven't had much of a problem with heart burn. I had a bowl of plain pasta for dinner because my tummy had been a little upset and now I'm having god-awful heartburn. wtf??

Re: plain pasta, really?

• Options
    i would get heartburn from anything at all.  do you have some TUMS?  they worked for me!
  • Options
    Try some tums or any dairy product.  Milk actually worked better than Tums for me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The type of food didn't matter for me either - it was just the fact that something was in my stomach.However mine was only really bad when I laid down to go to sleep at night.  I took Zantac (forget how much doc said to take).
  • Options

Carbs are the worst thing to aggrivate heartburn, fat just as bad. Milk is an OWT to help because it contains fat even skim milk.

take some Zantac or Pepcid, I get it from my OB.

• Options
    i was loathe to take any extra meds at all during pregnancy, even tylenol, so TUMS was it for me...and i even used those in moderation.  milk would be good b/c it's basic to counteract the acid.  do whatever works for you! 
  • Options
    Well, milk can't be completely an OWT, because I hadn't ever heard that it helped with heartburn when I tried it out.  It really did work.  You might as well try it and see.
  • Options

what is OWT? I tried googling it and came up with a bunch of stuff that didn't seem right ;-)

I guess I need to go get some Tums...milk can upset my stomach sometimes so I will probably stay away from that, but I'll give the Tums a shot the next time this happens. 

Thanks for your help!!

• Options

OWT = Old Wives' Tale

I progressed in my pregnancy from Tums, then Maalox, then Zantac. I seemed to get worse as the months went by.

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options
    imageSoonToBeMrsDTS:

OWT = Old Wives' Tale

I progressed in my pregnancy from Tums, then Maalox, then Zantac. I seemed to get worse as the months went by.

funny, I thought it was some chemical combination....now I feel like a dummy ;-)

• Options

I didn't know what OWT was either!

Yeah, if you're around 19 weeks - that's about right as far as getting heartburn.  The type of food doesn't matter, necessarily.  I take Tums every day now and likely will until I give birth, at least that's what happened last time.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    Milk soothes right away but the fat triggers more acid production. The only true FF milk is PurMilk found at Whole Foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"