Options

Opinions Thursday

13»

Re: Opinions Thursday

• Options
    imageVieve831:
    imagesnowkiwi:

imageVieve831:
    I was really confused by the whole Nov Mommy facebook group. I thought the posts were funny and entertaining but I was bothered by the fact that they kept saying our board was full of drama and that's why they left. If anything they took the drama with them. I felt like they were poking fun at the current regular posters in some way.

I asked a couple of times to get to added to the Nov FB group before the Summer but never got invited. The feeling of rejection has passed now...sort of.

My UO: If I hear or see one more celebrity that is 4-8 weeks postpartum, wearing skinny jeans or a bikini, and gets press coverage for their "amazingly slender post-baby body" I'm going to puke. Yeah I'm jealous. Sue me.

I asked also and never got invited so I gave up and got over it.

I totally agree on the celebrity thing. I also think its sort of unhealthy to be THAT skinny after a baby. Think of all the effort they have to put into getting their body back. Are they breastfeeding? For a normal celebrity who is uber-skinny I think "yeah, but that's their job and they have personal trainers and dieticians/chefs". But being on maternity leave I see that caring for my baby IS a full time job for at least the first 4-8 weeks. Are they hiring a nanny just to get in shape? So they can be on the cover of a magazine with people exclaiming how fast they got their body back? That's ridiculous and it just perpetuates a myth that its a realistic and desirable to be that skinny so fast.

don't feel bad. i did get invited and joined. then i left when they did the "rose ceremony" saying they only wanted people on it who posted a lot. so i told them they were acting like they were in middle school and left. it's facebook, not a secret society for heaven's sake!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageturtlewifey:
    imagerachaelski:

I think this whole thing has blown up more than anyone anticipated or wanted.  

This is the most sensible thing anyone has said so far in this thread and it applies to both sides.  As always, Rachaelski is the voice of reason! This is why I miss your commentary around here. 

Awwww, and you are one of the reasons I keep popping back!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have been on this board from the beginning and just want to give my two cents.

Who cares? I'm not on the FB group and didnt have any interest in joining in the first place.

People started a secret FB group. So what? They kicked people out. So what? This doesn't effect your life and if you are so upset about what a bunch of women decide to do on the Internet, then you need to get a life.

Regarding them coming back to cause trouble... Again, so what? While some of us who stuck around for the long haul developed relationships, this is still a public message board. Any Tom, "Richard" or Harry can post on here. I personally didn't even really remember any of the posters that came back to stir the turd, so I really didn't care whether they were trying to be funny or not. I just ignored them.

Seriously, it is the interwebs people... Why are you spending so much time caring??!! If you get this upset about Internet cliques, I can only imagine how insecure you must be IRL. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"