April 2012 Moms
Options

PIP of the onesies and bibs I made!!

2»

Re: PIP of the onesies and bibs I made!!

• Options
    These are cute and look great!! Good job :)

Don't pay attention to everyone, you're not a bad person. It's a joke it doesn't cross any line, thats bs. People will get over it soon and move on to ganging up on someone else soon :)

BabyFetus Ticker 
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagegisa886:

Also, I dare you to post this on any other board and see what kind of responses you get.

I'm going to keep checking this thread simply to see if anyone throws down a double dog dare.

OP, love the creativity and I bet you can make some cute stuff but I think the slogan thing for all ages is kind of trashy.

And, if anyone on this board uses the word "wripped" again I'll shake myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNayNaysPlayPen:

This is my first round of dying/and iron on transfers, they turned out pretty cute! Next week after my BFF finds out if shes having a boy or girl, we will get together for round 2!! This was too much fun Smile 

I want the Team Smith one!!! So cute Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebio-oesch:

Don't pay attention to everyone, you're not a bad person. It's a joke it doesn't cross any line, thats bs. 

NayNay, I appreciate that you are able to see where I am coming from. My nephew had to be adopted by my in-laws because neither of his parents wanted him and he has serious problems from having been shaken. He is 12 now and I have spent more time with him throughout his life than his own parents. It is VERY sad and I DO take offense to this being a "joke". In my mind it is a very serious thing and no less offensive than a bib that says, "I'm retarded" or people who make fun of someone who has down syndrome. If anyone wants to tell me I am being overly sensitive or stupid for this bothering me you can go f off. Hang out with my nephew for a day, I would never joke about such a serious thing and I pray to God none of you ever have to help raise a child who was shaken as a baby.

I'm gonna peace out now b/c This is turning ito drama llama and I'm too annoyed with people who can't take this seriously. 

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    imageHarper'smom:
    imagegisa886:

Also, I dare you to post this on any other board and see what kind of responses you get.

I'm going to keep checking this thread simply to see if anyone throws down a double dog dare.

OP, love the creativity and I bet you can make some cute stuff but I think the slogan thing for all ages is kind of trashy.

And, if anyone on this board uses the word "wripped" again I'll shake myself.

Considering she used it again, I don't think she gets it. 

I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but if I saw a baby wearing the shake me one, I would think their parents were trashy. But hey, it's your kid, so laugh away.   

• Options

NMS on some of the sayings, but I think the bibs and onesies look great, and make me want to make my own!

So did you just design them in photoshop, print them on a regular printer with transfer paper, and then iron them on?  I'm tempted to do this!

• Options

Great Job!  

IMO - we all have to remember that we come here to get advice, share concerns, get and give opinions and there will be disagreements.  It's hard enough to get a point across in writing when you KNOW the person (that knows your sense of humor, your mannerisms etc)  but we're all a group of strangers with something very awesome in common!  

I love the backwards cape one, I've seen it on etsy a number of times and thought it was hysterical.  I hadn't even thought of making my own.. so thanks for that!  

I love that you were open enough to share your creations and that's tough, please don't crawl in a hole...it's okay to have a different opinion and guess what?  very often our opinions or sense of humor may offend someone, that doesn't mean you are a malicious baby hater.  If we all walked around worrying about maybe offending someone we would be a very boring society.  

CONFESSION:  I hate clothing that has characters (Disney, Thomas, etc) screen printed on  them or light up shoes.. :) 

• Options
    Before I read all the following posts I was laughing MAO. I am glad you shared even though some ppl don't appreciate that sort of thing. I got my sis a onesie that said "who's tities do I need to suck on to get some milk around here". I thought it was freakin awesome but her il did not appreciate it. To each their own. You really did a great job with them though! 
  • Options
    OMG these made me LOL!! My DH loves them too halarious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Most of those onesies are adorable...and although the controversial ones are NMS, I just want to commend you on being so gracious about all of this. Seriously. :)
  • Options

I think this was blown way out of proportion. The pushing the envelope slogans are NMS, but so is lots of stuff people put on and do with their kids. No matter what you do, someone's going to judge.

But OP, consider this a taste of things to come. If you take your kid out in the "they shake me" onesie, be prepared for comments from strangers. Not the nice kind. I've gotten comments for everything from FFing to not having a hat on the baby to giving my son Cheerios. You better believe you're gonna hear about that onesie. If the comments bother you, save it for home and/or family that find it funny...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesweetdreams2000:

NMS on some of the sayings, but I think the bibs and onesies look great, and make me want to make my own!

So did you just design them in photoshop, print them on a regular printer with transfer paper, and then iron them on?  I'm tempted to do this!

Its a lot of fun, you should try it! I got most ideas online, and made a couple up. Yah, I put them into photoshop, then reversed the image. I got iron on transfer sheets for super cheap and printed with my regular Kodak printer, then ironed on, and sewed on buttons & embelishments. I dyed the pink ones first...next time I will use 1/2 as much dye for a lighter pink I believe. Aside from the white onesies, allI bought was dye ($2.49 for a box, I used 1/2 a box) and iron on transfers (18 for $2 on sale). I already had buttons and everything. Try it out then post pics!

Also...I hadn't planned on baby wearing the "shake" one in public :) I know the public doesnt know me and hubby's inside joke. I wouldnt have even posted that one on here, but I took a pic of ALL of them to show family, then just kinda threw it on TB without even thinking much. Shoulda cropped it LOL.

• Options
    The onsies and bibs look really good! Great job! I don't have the patience for these kinds of things. Lol.
  • Options

Wow to some of you. My sense of humor is amazing actually and I agree that if I ever saw a baby wearing this I would think the parents were morans (trashy was used earlier and that fits too) to be honest.  Some things are just not funny at all, such as laughing at such a nasty tragic way that some babies die, wow.

Signed, someone who laughs at most things but that is terrible and distasteful. .  

• Options
    While most are cute, I'm not a big fan of the "They shake me" one. It just puts bad images into my mind of poor, helpless babies being shaken. Also, maybe I'm dense, but I don't get it either.
  • Options
    imageMusiclover2012:
    imageMsCat19:

imagemetucker:
    They shake me??

Indifferent 

Agreed, so not funny... 

Have you not seen tshirthell.com ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't care for the "They shake me." one either. The rest are cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"