Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How often do you put on A+D ointment/diaper cream?

In our discharge instructions it said to put A+D ointment on DS's bum with every diaper change. I'm just wondering how long we should do that. Do you that with your LO?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How often do you put on A+D ointment/diaper cream?

• We only put Desitin on if her tushy is starting to get red. Usually if she's had a lot of poops that day or particularly messy ones that require a lot of wipes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • We usually put butt paste on at night. Since DD STTN we put a thick layer on. It usually conditions over night so we don't have to do it with every diaper change during the day. I would go with your discharge instructions until you see your pediatrician shortly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHisKonstantine:
    We only put Desitin on if her tushy is starting to get red. Usually if she's had a lot of poops that day or particularly messy ones that require a lot of wipes.
    This^
  • Only if she is looking red, per pedi. We were doing it with every change until age was a week old and they told us otherwise. 
  • We have never put any kind of cream or ointment on DDs bum. She's 5.5 months and never had a rash. We use cloth diapers though which makes a difference.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We apply a thick layer before bedtime, long naps or long car rides - basically anytime she might be in a wet diaper for a few hours before her next change.
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Every single diaper change. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use A and D (the walmart brand though) every diaper change.  Walmart brand is so much cheaper then name brand.
  • We only use it if there are any signs of irritation.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I see redness.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Usually every other diaper change. If there's irritation or we're preparing for overnight, I'll apply a thick layer or buttpaste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"