Cloth Diapering
Options

Help. Not turning out as I'd hoped.

I'm using diaper service prefolds in Flip covers and they add soooo much bulk to her. Should I try something else? I fold in the two sides of the diaper to fit in the center and tuck in at the top and bottom. Plus they've leaked poop every time now on the very edges. I have been using disposables and waiting for her to be big enough for cloth and now that she is I'm just so disappointed. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help. Not turning out as I'd hoped.

• Options

Some diaper services offer to come over and help you out with any issues you may be having such as diapers leaking a lot, maybe give your service a call and see if they can send someone to help you out :) 

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    Try a bikini twist fold.  It's pretty trim and we never had leaks.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I find that the prefolds are the bulkiest but I think they are least bulky when I use a snappi instead of folding. Is your cover/prefold the right size? Sometimes the bulk of the prefold can create a gap in the legs and that can cause leaks. Have you thought about using pockets? I find that they are much trimmer and don't leak at all. The washing really isn't bad at all!!
  • Options

Ditto PPs about snappi-ing the PFs to contain poo and get a trimmer fit.  

Have you thought about using different covers?  I really prefer sized cover with double leg gussets.  This gives you the trimmest possible fit.  I really like the sized thirsties covers and the bummis superbrite covers.

If you want a OS option only, the BB coverall and RaR covers both have internal gussets as well.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    I'd concur w/PPs about snapping the PFs on. We had better luck w/them snappi'd when DS was really little. I'd also try another couple covers before giving up. I like Flips but they run big. I suspect you just aren't getting a tight enough fit on your DD. I'd try Thirsties size small for her right now or a Prorap (probably size small). Both of these are fairly cheap, basic covers.
  • Options
    Thank you thank you thank you. I've seen snappis before but never considered using them. After reading this I went on You Tube and saw how easy they are. Our service offers them so I'm having some delivered with our next shipment. So excited to try it. Thanks a lot ladies!
  • Options

You'll get over the "bulk" as she gets bigger. I'd try another brand of cover with double gussets, like Thirsties.

Just decide to make the switch and don't put her in the sposies so you have time to work out the kinks in your system.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"