Upstate NY Babies

s/o inappropriate XMas gifts

I was gonna post this down below, but I think its so outrageous, it needed its own post. 

Backstory - when  I was in sixth grade, my mom gave me my first training "bra" for Christmas - it was caught on video Christmas morning, and was all very mortifying for myself as an 11 year old, and even if I watch the video now, I am embarrassed for my 11 year old self. Its a running family joke these day though.Flash forward to this year. My sister tells me that my mom bought 3 pairs of matching underwear/bra sets for my 11 year old niece and wrapped them for Xmas, and then didn't give her any other gifts. AND - she spent over $80 on them because she bought them at Justice (a tweeny fashion store). Note - my niece has no boobs yet - according to my sis, all she has is a barely noticeable bee sting on one side - lolTo make this all worse. The bras are PADDED (removable pads). For an 11 year old.  So my sister isn't watching my niece as she opens the present, but sees her quickly open and then shut the box. She asks my niece what she got and my niece quickly replies "Ill show you later when Uncle J isn't here" (my brother).  THEN, as my niece is getting dressed for the day, she pulls out one of the new panties to wear, and my mom says "Niece, what about the bra?" and my sis says "Ma, she doesn't need to wear the the bra" and then my mom says "well then she can't wear the panties, she won't match" and my sister looks at my mom incredulously and says "she's 11, she's not having sex. she doesn't need to match!"Anyways, I am glad I wasn't around for that. I have several thoughts.1. We ALL remember how embarrassing it was for me to get the bra at nieces age, why on earth would my mom do that again?!2. Why are any children's stores selling padded bras for 11 year olds?

3. I never match my bra and panties - and neither does my sis - LOL who cares.   

Re: s/o inappropriate XMas gifts

• Umm - wow! Your mother is all sorts of inappropriate.  ITA that no store needs to be selling padded tween (god, did I just use that word?) bras.  Why didn't your sister tell your mom not put those under the tree or to get niece something different?  Poor girl.

Now I'll have to think about on my most embarrassing Christmas gift.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister didn't know thats what my mom got her - my sis was all sorts of PO'd after the fact. I told her to take all of the bras and return them to Justice for store credit. My niece has like $100 in gift cards there, and can buy a few cute outfits.

Oh yea, and one of the panties was like a string bikini kind - with ties at the side  

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, I would have been so embarassed too!  And I would be pretty annoyed at your mom if I was your sister.  I remember going thru a phase where I would wear 2 or 3 tshirts to hide my new boobs.  It was a hot summer, but I insisted on wearing layers.  It is a tough stage.  And my mom was good about it too - had all the talks, took me to buy the bras (kicking and screaming since I didn't want to wear them), and then I still refused to wear them for the longest time.

My only funny bra story was actually funny for all of us except embarassing for my dad.  My mom had taken me back to school shopping in middle school and bought school supplies - just office max type stuff.  My dad was out in the backyard I think closing up the pool with the help of 2 neighborhood boys that were my age.  I yelled out my bedroom window to him that we got all the stuff, but that we bought the wrong size binders, that they were too big.  My dad got all embarassed (bc the boys were there) and yelled at me that we would discuss it later.  He thought binders was another name for bras haha.  I had no clue what his deal was at the time, but later it was so funny and we still all joke with him about it.

• imageprncsstp:

My sister didn't know thats what my mom got her - my sis was all sorts of PO'd after the fact. I told her to take all of the bras and return them to Justice for store credit. My niece has like $100 in gift cards there, and can buy a few cute outfits.

Oh yea, and one of the panties was like a string bikini kind - with ties at the side  

Okay that just made this so much worse.  I agree that returning them to purchase 'normal' teen wear makes the most sense.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG.

I think your sister's comments were more inappropriate than your mom's gift! yikes!!

• imageTelyco:

OMG.

I think your sister's comments were more inappropriate than your mom's gift! yikes!!

LOL - that is my sister though - she doesn't hold back. But I am unaware if my niece was around when my sister said those comments to my mom or not! But even if she was, my niece has heard/seen all sorts of inappropriate in her 11 years (not that I agree with that, but it is what it is) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"