Natural Birth
Options

FTM Menstrual Cramps at 35 weeks-possibly TMI

Hi ladies!

I posted this on my BMB, but several of them just told me to call my ob, which I will do today regardless, but wanted to get your opinions. Especially since I'd like to labor at home until transition to reduce interventions etc.

I've been having what feel like menstrual cramps in my lower back and pubic are for about 3 days now. They've come and gone, but don't usually go away when I lay down or drink lots of water. They started Monday Night around 7 lasted til about 3 AM, I fell deeply asleep and woke up feeling fine. We go house hunting with our realtor and I notice they've come back but not really that painful (not bad menstrual cramps, just there). They go away sometime before dinner, come back that night, then return again yesterday around lunchtime. Now last night was the kicker.

I could feel they were a bit stronger and would wake up to try and time them, but fell back asleep before any pattern distinguished. I still have them as I'm typing, but they're back to what they were before.

EDIT: Forgot to add I had loose stools yesterday, but that may have been the Indian food I ate :)

What are these? BH? contractions? OB opens at 9 so I'm planning on calling anyways, but I don't want to be jumping if it's nothing, KWIM?

Thanks for reading my ramble!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FTM Menstrual Cramps at 35 weeks-possibly TMI

• Options
    Called OB, they said to drink water and take it easy and that it's Braxton Hicks. I've been drinking and resting for the past few days and she suggested I come in for a check if it will make me feel better.
  • Options

what you described sounds like prodromal labor to me. here is a recent thread on the topic:  https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/61588444.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLindseyJW:

what you described sounds like prodromal labor to me. here is a recent thread on the topic:  https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/61588444.aspx

I remember reading that post!  Didn't think I would have to deal with that yet!

• Options

i had it with both my babies, bust most predominantly with my second. i just KNEW she was going to come early. much to my surprise, she came at 41.6 (and i'm certain of my dates since i charted). 

as long as you are feeling well, it's nothing to be concerned about. just consider it your body getting it's practice in! there are some great tips on dealing with prodromal labor - google the topic. here is a thread from a doula discussion board: https://www.alldoulas.com/forums/tricks-trade/747-prodromal-labor-tips.html 

• Options
    imageLindseyJW:

i had it with both my babies, bust most predominantly with my second. i just KNEW she was going to come early. much to my surprise, she came at 41.6 (and i'm certain of my dates since i charted). 

as long as you are feeling well, it's nothing to be concerned about. just consider it your body getting it's practice in! there are some great tips on dealing with prodromal labor - google the topic. here is a thread from a doula discussion board: https://www.alldoulas.com/forums/tricks-trade/747-prodromal-labor-tips.html 

When did you start having prodromal labor with both?

• Options

can't remember wtih the first, but somehwere around 39 weeks sounds about right. he came at 41.5.

wtih my second, around 33 weeks. she came at 41.6. :(

i even left work early the second time b/c i had it so often, i just KNEW she was coming early

• Options
    Great... so this could mean absolutely nothing!
  • Options
    pretty much!
  • Options

All's well! OB still thinks that it was dehydration, which I've been drinking tons of water, so I don't think that's it.

She did a Strep B test and did a cervix check, I'm not dilated but soft. She thinks I'll go to my EDD, but after reading about no evidence that cervical checks mean nothing I'm not inclined to believe that. She'll come when she wants.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"