Babies: 6 - 9 Months

what time does your 8 or 9 month old go to sleep?

When does you lo go to sleep? I feel like I may be putting him to bed too early? 7:45-8pm.  He whines for awhile and then wakes up every hour up until 12am and sometimes at 5 am too.  teething Maybe?

Re: what time does your 8 or 9 month old go to sleep?

• My almost 9 month-old starts bedtime routine at 6pm and is placed in crib at 6:40ish. She sleeps until 6:30 or 7pm most nights with a couple of wakings where I go into her nursery and put her paci back in.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• By 6:30pm.  The earlier DD goes to bed, the later she sleeps in.  She usually wakes up around 6:30am after sometimes waking a few times and calming herself back to sleep.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Between 7 and 8, but lately it's been closer and closer to 7. She sometimes STTN, sometimes wakes up once or twice and needs to be resettled. We're up for the day between 6-7 am.

If he's having a hard time settling down and staying asleep, I'd put him down earlier, not later. HTH! 

imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Sometime between 8 and 8:30. I don't think your LO's bedtime is too early, he's probably having a sleep regression. DD had hers from 7-8 months and woke up a lot overnight. About a week after she turned 8 months, she just stopped. She was hitting a lot of developmental milestones during that time (crawling, pulling up, babbling) so I think she was just wound up. Teething could do it, too.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • DS is 9 months old and usually goes to bed between 6:30 and 7pm.  He has been waking up in the middle of the night 1-2x since he started teething, but other than that he sleeps pretty well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since our LO has been about 4 months old, she falls asleep around 6:15/6:30. She has been STTN since then. This week she has been upset and crabbier than normal because her sleep schedule is off since we are on vacation. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • My LO take 2 hour naps twice a day... He usually goes down to for bed at about 8:30 or 9 pm. He will wake up around 5:30 or 6 am. Sometimes I'm lucky and he'll sleep until 7 :)

My LO has been waking up a bunch lately, he has fluid on his ears from an ear infection he had in BOTH ears... According to the doctor there is no telling how long the fluid will be there. So, I understand the waking up part!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We start our LO (just turned 8 mo. old) on her bath/nighttime routine at 6:30-7:00 and she is usually asleep by 7:30-8:00 and sleeps until 7:30-8:00 the next morning. She usually wakes up in the middle of the night but once she rolls to her tummy and finds her blankie she puts herself back to sleep then. She also takes 2 - 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hour naps during the  day.

• DS isn't quite 8 months but for the past couple months he has been going to bed between 7-8, but I like to get him to bed at least by 7:30. He takes about 2-3 naps a day that last about 15-30 minutes. He wakes up about 2-3 times a night when he's not teething and 5+ times a night when he is teething. He wakes up for the day between 6 a.m.-7 a.m.
  • She goes down around 6:30pm and sleeps until 7am.  She usually wakes up once sometime between 2am and 5am to eat but goes right back down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lo goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until 6:15 most mornings.  He sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night and whines for a minute and then puts himself back to bed.
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • Wow I am now thinking that my LG is going to bed too late!!

She goes to bed between 08:30 and 09:00!

• we start bedtime routine about 7:00, and aim for in bed by 7:30. She sleeps until 6:30 am most mornings (and may wake up once around 3 am to babble and goes back to sleep on her own).
  • My DS goes to bed at 8:30 and sleeps until 7. We've tried putting him to bed earlier but he just wakes up earlier. I don't think it's too late because it's what works for him and for us!
  • He goes to bed between 8 and 9.  Kind of late for his age, but he doesn't get up for the day until 8 or 9 so I'm happy with it.  :)
    Proud mom to Jeremy (10/24/08) and Gabriel (4/25/11)
  • DD goes to bed by 6:45.  We start bedtime routine by 6:15.  If she is in bed later than this, she usually sleeps poorly and still wakes early.  Usually she is asleep by 6:45 and wakes by 6:30-7:00 AM, no waking in the night. 

Last night she was difficult and was asleep by 7:50 and though she slept through the night, she was up by 6:00.  They say later to bed, early to rise for babies. 

• Between 6:30 and 7. If she's not in her crib for the night by 7 p.m. there is hell to pay.

She stays down until 5 or 6 a.m. On most days, she takes both a morning and an afternoon nap. One is short (30-60 minutes); one is long (1.5-2 hours). Sometimes, she takes 3 shorter naps instead.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• DS goes down by 7 and up at around 4/5 for a bottle then back down till 7. On a good day!

lately he's been up at 3 for a bottle then up for the day at 5!!! i'm going nuts! 

• 8 for my 8 month old.  Sometimes the routine finishes a bit early, or she's a wicked crankpot, so it's a bit earlier.  She gets up twice to eat and sleeps until 9-10. Some nights she wakes every hour, I do think it's teething.
    It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
    My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
    Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!
  • imageCTGirl30:

DD goes to bed by 6:15pm and sleeps until 6:15 - 6:30am. She has been waking once to eat and goes back to sleep right after.

Babies this age need up to 16 hours of sleep. Is your baby napping well during the day? 12 hours sounds like a lot, above, but DD naps 3x during the day on wknds (during the week at daycare, not so much) and gets in an additional 2-3 hours of sleep in napping.

If you're having trouble getting your baby down to sleep, maybe try an earlier bedtime. This may sound counter-intuitive but if you are missing sleep cues and he's overtired by the time you put him down for the night, it's going to take longer to settle into sleep.

i know my dd isn't 8months, but this is exactly what happened with us.  We now put dd to bed a full hour earlier than we used to and she is sttn now.  Before she was so overtired she literally couldn't get to sleep and couldn't stay to sleep very long. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • imageBronwenBe11:

Wow I am now thinking that my LG is going to bed too late!!

She goes to bed between 08:30 and 09:00!

Thank God I'm not the only one...we usually shoot for a 9:30 bedtime....when she does this she wakes up around 8am, so it usually works for us to put her to bed that late so we can get ready for work.  She's a great sleeper, but I can't put her to bed any earlier than 8...or she will wake up at midnight when she normally STTN.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Down between 6:30 -7 and usually up between 7-7:30.  He also take 3 1 hour plus naps a day. We have a really hard time keeping LO up past 7. 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"