April 2012 Moms
Options

Girl name poll- not clicky

Couldn't get the clicky poll to work.

Just found out we are having a girl and wasn't prepared at all, really thought it was a boy, so those are the only names I had picked out. Here are the choices so far. The middle names are family names.

Phoebe Jane F_____

Nina Perry F_____

Please feel free to suggest other FN ideas as well. Nothing popular though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girl name poll- not clicky

• Options
    I adore Jane. I know its a family name, is it possible for a FN? If not, I like Phoebe better than Nina.
  • Options

imageImThisBabysMom:
    I adore Jane. I know its a family name, is it possible for a FN? If not, I like Phoebe better than Nina.

This exactly.  I love Jane for a little girl.  I'm not crazy about Nina unless it is short for something. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOVE JANE AND ALSO LOVE NINA!!!!!!!!! what about nina jane?

phoebe is nms but its cute.

• Options

imageImThisBabysMom:

THIS!

Nina is what we call my grandmother. I adore her beyond belief but to me it's the same as naming your kid "Grandma"

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    imagekissyfitt:

imageImThisBabysMom:

This exactly.  I love Jane for a little girl.  I'm not crazy about Nina unless it is short for something. 

Hmm this is interesting. I don't even really like Jane, but I wanted to honor my dad's family somehow. I like the opinions though. Keep them coming!
  • Options
    I absolutely love the name Phoebe! 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    Oh lol, well if you don't really like Jane then we can scratch that off as a fn. I recommend also reposting this on Baby Names board too. They aren't the authority on names, but if you're looking for ideas, they will give you tons. Especially if you tell them what you do or do not like. Like for example you say, I don't like trendy names, I like Nina and Phoebe, give me some other ideas.
  • Options
    imagepensparade:

imageImThisBabysMom:

THIS!

Nina is what we call my grandmother. I adore her beyond belief but to me it's the same as naming your kid "Grandma"

Isn't Nina Spanish inspired and means "little girl"? That doesn't scream grandmother.

I really like Nina and knew quite a few growing up. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagepacsunqtaz:
    imagepensparade:

imageImThisBabysMom:

THIS!

Isn't Nina Spanish inspired and means "little girl"? That doesn't scream grandmother.

I really like Nina and knew quite a few growing up. 

It doesn't have to "scream" grandmother for you, but it does for me.

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • Options
    I prefer Pheobe myself.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"