Two Under 2
Options

Moms of 3 or more, give me some hope here

Tell me about your third (or subsequent) child/children please.  Were they naturally easier than the first or second?  If they are "easier" do you think it's because you relaxed a bit or because they were forced to go with the flow? 

Every third child I know seems to be the dream baby.  Maybe I'm doing a little wishful thinking because my first two are crazy!  Wink  I love them dearly of course, but they are a handful.  Both were walking at 9 months and neither of them ever stop.  Little sis took off just like her big brother did.  I had a misconception that girls were easier.  Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of 3 or more, give me some hope here

• Options
    I'd consider all of my kids "easy" or I can assure you that I wouldn't have  5 of them!  With each child comes its own set of rewards and challenges.  For example, by this time 2am diaper changes in the dark were a breeze, but now I had to figure out how/when to go shopping when putting three kids in the cart didn't leave any room for groceries.  On the flip side I think the girls were easier in a sense that they asserted more independence earlier (picking out her own clothes and getting dressed, as well as PTing a lot sooner than the boys), but along with the independence comes attitude!!!! I guess it all evens out right?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I'm wondering the same thing! So far almost every mom of 3+ that I've talked to about this said that the transition from 2-3 kids was WAY easier than 0-1 or 1-2. So I'm hopeful that's the case for us and I didn't think 1-2 was that hard at all. My first two kids were pretty easy babies though, we had some feeding issues with DD1 and then DD2 didn't fully sleep through the night until 8 months but she slept REALLY well the first 2 months and was never up every hour or two like some babies you hear about. Compared to the horror stories I've heard my kids were dream babies. I'm a little nervous #3 might be my super difficult one...haha
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    easy baby but giving me a run for my money at age 2--gah!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are only 2 weeks in...but our third has been our DREAM baby.  Super easy...easy to get to sleep and back to sleep after feeding at night...She would probably sleep through the night if I didn't wake her to feed.  Our second LO was a very difficult baby so we were so nervous with this one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options

Thanks everyone :)  Girls definitely come with that early independence (I'm noticing), DD is only 15 months yet I swear I could potty train her by 18 months and DS (at 30 months!) isn't interested a bit!  But yes, that assertiveness can sometimes be a pain too.  She is one headstrong little chick!  #3 is a boy, I won't lie - I'm definitely begging God for a "dream" baby!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"