Cincinnati Babies

Anyone familiar with living in Park Hills?

We're exploring our moving options and drove around Park Hills and fell in love. We were only there for about 30 minutes though. I'm a stickler for knowing where the nearest kroger/target/shopping center is, family friendly, etc. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone familiar with living in Park Hills?

• Hi there! I live in Covington on the border of Ft. Wright... which is practically on top of Park Hills. I grew up in Edgewood so I'm very familiar with this part of NKY.

Park Hills is a great little area. We actually considered moving there ourselves when we were buying last year.

You have a couple options with the nearest Kroger: There is a new Kroger (like a super Kroger kinda thing) slightly further down on Dixie Highway (heading South, away from downtown Covington) in Fort Mitchell. There is another one in downtown Covington but it is a little sketchy. There is another one in Latonia, which you can get to multiple ways - suffice it to say, it is off Rt. 16. There is another brand new mega Kroger (even bigger than the new Ft. Mitchell one) in Newport. If you head down into Covington, take the 12th St bridge to Newport, turn Right onto Monmouth, then L at the first light that takes you to the shopping plaza with the new Kroger. All of these are about 5 minute from Park Hills.

The closest Target is the new super Target, in the same shopping plaza as the Newport Kroger. There is another one in Florence, but it is smaller and about a 10-15 minute drive.

The nearest shopping center is probably the Crestview Hills Town Center. It's 10 minutes south on Dixie Highway. Just keep heading south on Dixie and you can't miss it. It will be on the left. It has lots of restaurants (Panera, Moe's, Carrabbas, Max & Erma's, Dewey's Pizza, McAlister's, Cold Stone, etc...) and stores (Dillards, Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Bed Bath & Beyond, Crabtree & Evelyn, Victoria's Secret, etc...).

The next nearest shopping center is in either direction - to the north, that's Rookwood town center, to the south it's Florence mall.

There is a Walmart about 3 or 4 minutes away. Just turn onto Kyles from Dixie (going south again) and take that all the way down. You will come to a Walmart and a developing strip center that has Buffalo Wild Wings, a Mexican place, pizza places, Chinese restaurant, tire store, some fast food chains, gas stations, car washes, etc...  

Park Hills has a great little plaza with a coffee shop (Reality Tuesday Cafe) and a small, locally-owned grocer (Loschiavo's) that is great for if you just need some fruit, veggies and deli meat. It's a pretty quiet neighborhood.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I love NKY and am super familiar with it :)  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagebuckeyethor:
    TOO FAR FROM ME.

But close to me. :) 

• No!  That is all I have.  Don't know a darn thing about that area, but we like having you up in the Northern suburbs.  Tongue Tied
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I am!  Park Hills is a great neighborhood.  There are a lot of planned activities (especially for kids - Breakfast with Santa, Easter Egg hunt, kids garden, carriage rides, etc.) and the neighborhood association always has the common grounds looking perfect.  The close distance to Devou Park is great - there is golf, playgrounds and a concert hall (free summer concerts).  Great walking and hiking trails.  Park Hills has its own police and fire department so it is very safe. 

It is a very quiet and peaceful neighborhood and you are super close to downtown Cincy. Since Park Hills is right off of 75 you are still close to other areas like Kenwood or areas off 75 north.  As the earlier post mentioned, all the shopping is close.  The only thing missing is a Whole Foods, Fresh Market or Trader Joes but Rookwood is only 10 to 15 mins away. 

If you start to look at houses, be sure you look on the side of Park Hills that is attached to Devou Park.  The area that is located on the other side of Dixie Highway isn't as connected to the neighborhood and I have heard there are some shady apt buildings. 

Hope this helps!

• Thanks girls! It's just a consideration (nothing set in stone, girls...dont lose your minds :P ), I'm torn because I REALLY love living in the northern suburbs of Cincy and it'd be a very big move. Right now the contenders are Mason/Symmes/Deerfield and Park Hills/Crescent Springs 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You may also want to consider Ft. Mitchell. It is the next city over from Park Hills and you would be in the blue ribbon school distrtict of Beechwood. In Park Hills you'd be in the Kenton County Schools distrtict - which I can't comment on for sure - I just know Beechwood Independent is awesome!
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"