Georgia Babies

I'm thinking about getting bunk beds for Max's big boy room.

Does anyone have them?  I decided to not buy another crib, but to get Max a twin/or bunk beds with stairs, as opposed to a ladder.  Would love to hear thoughts, I'm just now thinking about the new baby's room and trying to get Max out of the nursery a few months before baby comes.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm thinking about getting bunk beds for Max's big boy room.

• We have bunk beds for G's room but I only put one of the beds in there. I was too worried about the bunks. We were completely transitioning out if the crib to real bed. We will put the other in his room later on. I do like the bunk beds with the stairs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We thought about it since Bryce is about to move in with bailey but the thought of potty training bailey with bunk beds even with stairs doesn't seem like fun. We are just going to do two twins for now. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • See, we're thinking about getting bunk beds once Cecil gets big enough for his big boy bed. That way, when we have company, they can use Geneva's room as the guest room and the kids can bunk together.

Right now, Geneva's in a twin in our old guest room and Cecil's using her crib. Gramma sleeps on a folding futon thingy from Ikea. Not sure if you remember, but we had success moving Geneva out of the nursery and into her "big girl" room a few months before C came along. Bribery with paint colors worked pretty good. We talked it up big time about sharing her old room with baby. She seemed pretty happy with the trade. :)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Noah has a full on bottom and twin on top! Love having bunk beds. E-mail me if you need any info.
  • Brady has full/twin bunk beds and we love it!  We don't have the ladder up, though, so that he can't climb while we aren't in there with him.  I prefer that to the stairs.  
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • imageMrsKLB:
    Brady has full/twin bunk beds and we love it!  We don't have the ladder up, though, so that he can't climb while we aren't in there with him.  I prefer that to the stairs.  

Good point!  Do you mind sharing where you got it?

• We have the for Finn from Land of Nod, but right now they are just set up as 2 twin beds
  • There is a guy that advertises on craigslist that custom makes bunk beds and he builds the ones that have the staircase vs. the ladder.
  • We got this one for the boys and love it.  The low height makes me feel much more comfortable.

https://www.roomstogokids.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=ktg.showItem&ipac_id=39583

• imageally-cat:

imageMrsKLB:
    Brady has full/twin bunk beds and we love it!  We don't have the ladder up, though, so that he can't climb while we aren't in there with him.  I prefer that to the stairs.  

Good point!  Do you mind sharing where you got it?

We got his from Georgia Baby and Kids.  I think it looks very similar to the PBK ones but was way cheaper.  They have a bunch of different styles.  Rooms to Go Kids also had a pretty good selection. 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • AshleyMappleAshleyMapple member
    edited August 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"