Northern California Babies
Options

It's like Christmas today!

SO many awesome gifts from my students!

iTunes cards, Starbucks cards, a yummy candle, chocolates, lotion, candy... oh the candy!

And our staff room is just FULL of delicious holiday treats!  Stay away Fricks!!

At least I weighed in the morning and have a fresh weekly allowance, lol!!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's like Christmas today!

• Options
    I'm SUPER jealous! We have to work until Wenesday next week!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemaryh01:
    I'm SUPER jealous! We have to work until Wenesday next week!

Ugh, bummer!  Because we are private we are open the next 2 weeks (just closed 12/26 and 1/2) but it's "camp" and I took the days off.  It's my first year back to working full time after 5 years of part time and Mama needs a break!

Hang in there, it'll be here soon.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok...so I have a question....what presents do you appreciate the most as a teacher and what are the common denominations of gc's that you get. Thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome! Teachers deserve every single gift they get... and then some.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesecretkeeper321:

Ok...so I have a question....what presents do you appreciate the most as a teacher and what are the common denominations of gc's that you get. Thanks!

My gift cards are usually anywhere from $10-25, but I am also the "specialty" teacher, not the classroom teacher, so I think a classroom teachers' would be more around the $20-25 mark.  Typically, at my school, our families get smaller gifts for the specialty teachers since there are 5 of us, and usually I get gifts from kids directly involved in my programs, of course.

My favorite gifts from my families are ones that are especially thought of for me, for example today I got a silicone cupcake pan in the shape of gingerbread men because they know I like to bake with Alex, I also got a beautiful pair of earrings (they were from TJ Maxx, the gift receipt was in the box) from a mom who clearly knows "my style".  I also love things that kids pick out and are excited about, like I got a cute musical bookmark and the little girl was so excited about it since I teach music & library it was perfect.  Very cute. 

I also have a dad who's a beekeeper and he hooked me UP with a huge Mama Bear of his delicious local honey- can't beat that.  I think gifts that reflect the interest of the family are awesome as well.

I think I just like gifts.  Embarrassed  

• Options
    I love that you love your gifts! I put a lot of thought into what I gave Riley's teachers and theripists this year and I hope they are as thankful as you are.
  • Options
    I always loved my own parents (both teachers) coming home on the last day before break.  They had already looked at everything, but I'd get to dump it all out and look at it again.  And I always decorated the tree, so I'd get to put the new ornaments on and smell the crappy perfume and I loved it all!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagefricksgirl:
    imagesecretkeeper321:

My gift cards are usually anywhere from $10-25, but I am also the "specialty" teacher, not the classroom teacher, so I think a classroom teachers' would be more around the $20-25 mark.  Typically, at my school, our families get smaller gifts for the specialty teachers since there are 5 of us, and usually I get gifts from kids directly involved in my programs, of course.

My favorite gifts from my families are ones that are especially thought of for me, for example today I got a silicone cupcake pan in the shape of gingerbread men because they know I like to bake with Alex, I also got a beautiful pair of earrings (they were from TJ Maxx, the gift receipt was in the box) from a mom who clearly knows "my style".  I also love things that kids pick out and are excited about, like I got a cute musical bookmark and the little girl was so excited about it since I teach music & library it was perfect.  Very cute. 

I also have a dad who's a beekeeper and he hooked me UP with a huge Mama Bear of his delicious local honey- can't beat that.  I think gifts that reflect the interest of the family are awesome as well.

I think I just like gifts.  Embarrassed  

Wow! You got some great gifts! :) I agree - teaching always makes Christmas feel like it comes early. My favorite this year was the jalapeno jam that a family made - yumm. I also got some things for Addie, which I thought was really sweet, and thoughtful notes from the kids always bring a smile.

Gifts for the classroom are also great (for those asking) - like books or gift cards to Lakeshore - though, the Starbucks cards are nice, too. And, treats..yumm!  Really, anything and everything you do will be appreciated, I'm sure. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"