New Jersey Babies
Options

Morristown vs St. Clare's hospital...

Hi everyone,

I'm here from August 2012. I just found out that my ob/gyn is not delivering at Morristown Memorial anymore - she is primarily at St. Clare's in Denville. I delivered my first at Morristown and loved it - she claims that due to cuts and new additions, the patient care has dropped and they are having a hard time keeping up. St. Clare's makes her more comfortable. Does anyone have any experience with St. Clare's? I've not heard great things about the hospital itself (which she actually agreed with me) however she said their l and d is wonderful. I REALLY love my doctor and don't want to switch, but this other hospital really scares me.... any help anyone could give if GREATLY appreciated :) 

image image
~*BFP #2 6/8/11 missed m/c 10.3 wks 8/11*~
~*BFP #3 11/28/11 natural m/c 6.3 wks 12/17]*~
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Morristown vs St. Clare's hospital...

• Options

I really don't know anything about St. Claire's, but I just delivered my second at Morristown and I really don't know what she is talking about with patient care - considering I was in the hospital on hospital bed rest until I delivered my daughter.  I found the nurses in Anit-pardom and L&D to be fantastic.  I loved them all! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I had my son at St. Clares and was really not happy with it.  There was only one lactation nurse and she was on vacation so I had no help with breast feeding, I felt the nurses were disrespectful to my husband, one nurse was annoyed that I called her for help in the middle of the night because I couldn't get out of bed due to the extreme pain I was in from my c-section and she told me that I had to get up by myself and I had signed up for the blood cord and they took my blood work for it and when I was taken in for my c-section they left it on the table in my room and never brought it in to the operating room so I never was able to have it done.  I've actually switched doctors so if I have another baby I will not go back to St. Clares.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both so much! :)
    image image
    ~*BFP #2 6/8/11 missed m/c 10.3 wks 8/11*~
    ~*BFP #3 11/28/11 natural m/c 6.3 wks 12/17]*~
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone I know that had their baby at Saint Clares was very happy. If I ever had another baby that is where I would be going. It is all new maternity unit (was redone of the last few years) and my cousins each had their babies (total of 3 between the two) there all had great breast feeding experiences.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would not go to St. Claire's. No particular reason, just think Morristown is better. Had my son there, last year and everyone was FANTASTIC. 

I <3 Dr. Iammatteo  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm delivering at St. Clare's because I didn't want to leave my dr. I know quite a few people who have delivered there with no problems and have been very happy. Technically speaking, the only thing Morristown really has over St. Care's is the better NICU. St. Clare's is a level 2 with Morristown being a 3.

• Options
    I've gone to St. Clare's for other medical needs (and given them plenty of chances) and have never had a postive experience.  That being said, I cannot speak to their L&D unit.  But when the time comes I will definately go to Morristown from all the wonderful things I have heard.
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    I delivered my son there this past September.  I had a fantastic experience thank goodness.  The nurses on hand those 2 days I was there were so helpful and I loved my doctor.  Personally, I don't have anything negative to say about the Katena Mother/Baby Center or it's staff.  They were more than accomodating.  :)  Hopefully you will receive the same treatment!  Ericka and Amy were my nurse's and super helpful.  If you have any questions, PM me.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Honestly I have heard good things about both.  I am delivering at Morristown because that is where my doctor delivers.  I know people that have delivered at St. Clare's and I know someone who works in L&D and I've never heard any complaints.  I have heard that St. Clare's ER is not so great.  I think you'll be fine at fine.  Everyone's experience is different.
  • Options
    I delivered at St. Clare's over the summer and if I have another child I WILL NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS GO THERE AGAIN. The  Neonatologist (my daughter was in the NICU for five days) told me I was killing my child because I wasn't willing to feed her formula until AFTER we got a second opinion on her health status even though my daughter's regular pediatrician said it was fine to wait and try to see if she would nurse before giving her a bottle. While the nurses were wonderful the doctors were just horrible, they riddled me with guilt and were outright rude/mean to my husband and I...because having your baby whisked away with no explination isn't bad enough they had to throw in a horrible bedside manner as well!   Crying
  • Options

My doctor has worked in over 10 maternity hospitals and she said that St. Clare's in Denville is by far the best! She said the staffing is great and although it is actually much further from where she lives, she prefers it over all the other hospitals. I also have a cousin that delivered there and she was VERY happy as well!! I will be delivering there myself in August 2012 :) 

Good Luck!!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My SIL delivered her two sons at St. Clares and I had my son there in August of 2009. I had a wonderful experience and the lactation consultant worked very hard with me to help me (ultimately, after I was home, I decided to formula feed). The nursing care was wonderful and my L&D experience was good?and I had an induction at 41w.  My mom actually delivered my younger brother there in 1973.

I almost chose Morristown but my mom's friend is a maternity nurse at St. Clare's and was on the weekend of my induction, so that did influence my decision to have my son there. But regardless, it was a good experience.

I'm sorry that there have been a few posters with very bad experiences there. I do not believe that their experiences were the norm and think you'll be in good hands there.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

i certainly don't think there are enough differences between the two to make you leave your current doc (assuming you love the doc) just for a hospital.

Both have private rooms for moms now... both have NICUs (morristown's is better, so if that was a big risk for you, i'd go with Morristown, but the average pg doesn't need to worry about that).

I delivered all my kids at Morristown and LOVED it there. I spent a lot of time in MMH between my 2 pregnancies and never had problems with the care- only wonderful.

One of my best friends delivered all 4 of her kids at St. Clares and loved it...

you'll hear bad stories from anywhere if you ask enough.

they are both good - if you love your doc- go wherever he/she delivers between the 2.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just FYI about the Neonatologists, they are the same ones at Morristown, Saint Clare's and Chilton I believe.  So as far as they go, you'd get the same experience.  I am high risk but plan on delivering at St. Clare's unless my OB tells me I need to deliver at Morristown.  He has privileges at both so it doesn't really matter for me.  That said, I would probably go wherever he was because I do love my doc.
  • Options
    I delivered at Saint Clare's in October and ended up spending 7 days there. I was in L & D for 3 while they tried to stop my preterm labor for my 32 week little boy. The nurses in L & D were absolutely wonderful. I ended up having an emergency c-section on the third day and cannot say enough about the staff during the c-section. Next came the Katena Center and the NICU...where again I had a great experience. The nurses were attentive to all of my needs and the NICU nurses took amazing care of my son. He was there for 18 days, and everyone CONTINUED to be supportive and wonderful as I went back every single day to visit him. I don't know what you have heard about Denville, but having experienced every "unit" for a substantial amount of time I cannot say enough positive things!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I myself and about 8 of my Girlfriends have delivered at saint claires and we all LOVED it, the staff was great, nurses so helpful and lactation department was also terrific!  A few of us were high risk and there neonatologist was amazing.  I credit her knowledge and quick thinking to be the reason my son is with us today.  She took action quickly and it made all the diffrence!  My OBs also work out of there and  being so prompt to do an emergency c-section also helped. The rooms are beautiful and its a great community hospital experience. Highly reccomended! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"