Austin Babies
Options

Random Acts of Kindness

For Hanukkah, I am going to make a jar filled with RAOK. So on the 1st day of Hanukkah we will do one thing, Day 2 two things, etc etc until day eight so I need an abundance of ideas for RAOK. I would like some to be monetary but some not just because I want the kids to  learn that kindness doesn't have to always cost money just time. So far all I have are the things below:

Take plates of cookies to neighbors

Take cookies to nurses or volunteers at hospitals

Drop off thank you notes and doughnuts at the police station.

Drop off  thank you notes and doughnuts at the police station

Tuck notes in car doors in parking lot wishing people a good day.

Take art supplies to the Family Waiting Room of labor & delivery floor of the hospital for new big brothers and sisters to be.

Drop off stuffed animals on the children?s floor of the hospital.

Hand out some Homeless Care Kits

Oh and my kids are almost 2 and 4 in June so things that they will like and be able to do is even better! Thanks ;-)

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

• Options
    Take treats up to the animal shelter. They also take newspaper, blanket and towel donations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What a cool idea!  But I'm confused, are you doing thIs it during Hanukkah or in June?  

You could give bottled water to people working outside and homeless people (especially during June heat), take shelter dogs for a walk, go to retirement homes to provide companionship, donate old toys to kids in need, smile at everybody you see, compliment everybody you see. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We are doing this for Hanukkah (and probably again in June for Em's  birthday too) I was just saying that the kids ages were 2 (in Jan) and 4 (in June).

I like the ideas so far and added them to our list.

• Options
    That's a great idea! What about socks to the homeless shelter? Or magazines for the icu waiting room at the hospital or children's books at dell?
  • Options
    We picked up the tab for a random family at a restaurant a few weeks ago. You could let the kids pick which family you want to pay for?
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    imagemisjenn:

For Hanukkah, I am going to make a jar filled with RAOK. So on the 1st day of Hanukkah we will do one thing, Day 2 two things, etc etc until day eight so I need an abundance of ideas for RAOK. I would like some to be monetary but some not just because I want the kids to  learn that kindness doesn't have to always cost money just time. So far all I have are the things below:

Take plates of cookies to neighbors

Take cookies to nurses or volunteers at hospitals

Drop off thank you notes and doughnuts at the police station.

Drop off  thank you notes and doughnuts at the police station

Tuck notes in car doors in parking lot wishing people a good day.

Take art supplies to the Family Waiting Room of labor & delivery floor of the hospital for new big brothers and sisters to be.

Drop off stuffed animals on the children?s floor of the hospital.

Hand out some Homeless Care Kits

Oh and my kids are almost 2 and 4 in June so things that they will like and be able to do is even better! Thanks ;-)

OK scrooge here, but I would understand the thought of this but it would kind of irritate me too.  I hate finding things on my windshield, then I would feel like I had to throw away an unnecessary piece of trash.  I know scrooge, but I'm being honest. Maybe instead hand out candy canes- you could even just put them on the windsheilds instead.   Or if you think candy canes is too Christmasy you could do some other inexpensive treat.

Oh and I was going to add - there was a pinterest pin on this I saw lat week- she had some great ideas.  There is the Children's baptist home in round rock that I have looked into volunteering for.   They have some non- monetary things they ask for like cook a meal for one of the homes- I've been wanting to call about doing that one. Also things like babysit so the house parents can go out for the night would be cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"