Success after IF
Options

Got DH SA Results...Pretty Angry and Upset

0, zero, nothing. I can't freaking believe it. It's not the first time DH has had a zero count but, we really thought there would be something to freeze but, no nothing.

I got the phone call while waiting on our playdate to show up at the park. My DH was pretty disappointed. He's ready and willing to move forward with donor sperm but, I'm not there yet.

We are going to change clinics. There is another clinic around here that is supposed to be really good with MFI and they have a urologist on staff. They have many procedures they can do to try to find sperm. I am so far from being able to accept this.  It's harder to accept now that we have Isabel.  For now, I (dh is up for whatever) will not accept this.

Because of money (it's always money) we are going to wait and make an appointment in January so we can get through Christmas with out spending an arm and a leg on finding sperm. 

This just effing sucks

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Got DH SA Results...Pretty Angry and Upset

• Options
    I am so sorry.  My DH now has semen/sperm issues so I know how you feel.  It totally sucks ASSSS!!!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ((HUGS)) I'm so sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugg. That does effing sucks! I am sorry the count was zero and hope the new clinic can find some. (((HUGS))))

• Options
    I'm so sorry...that's so frustrating!! :(
  • Options
    Ugh!  How frustrating!  I hope that you're able to find some of DH's sperm.  (((hugs)))
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You know I know how you feel.  But if you were able to conceive Isabel then I have faith you'll be able to conceive another with your DH's sperm.  Here's hoping it happens sooner rather than later!
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I hope the new clinic can find some. (((((hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

Sad

I'm sorry sweetie.  I can only imagine how hard news that is to get.  I think your right in trying another clinic and pursing this further.  ((HUGS))

• Options
    I'm so sorry! 
  • Options
    Oh no. Im so so sorry sweetie!  ((hugs))

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options

:-(

I'm so sorry... Hopefully the new clinic can give you some hope.

Henry and Papa at the farm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh no.  I'm sorry.  I'm also sorry that everything always has to be put on hold because of money.  I understand that part of it .  Hugs.
  • Options
    I am so sorry sweetie!!!! *hugs*
    Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Options

That sucks.  DH has zero sperm counts about half the time.  The other half the time they are single digit counts.   It is frustrating.  Can he try again soon?  My DH had a zero count, and 5 days he tried again and they found some. 

I just wanted to add that I though we were going to have to cancel our upcoming IVF cycle b/c his first SA showed no sperm (we found out when they credited our credit card, nice huh?) but he did two more samples and got a "2" and "3" count.  For our IVF next week he will give a fresh sample the day before, and the day of my ER.  I'm hoping and praying he is having a good day.  

IVF #3 10/09 BFP! 12dp3dt Beta #1 = 319 14dp3dt Beta #2 = 565 21dp3dt Beta #3 = 10,475! u/s showed twins!! IVF 12/12 BFP! image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(
  • Options
    imageLakeGenevaBride:

That sucks.  DH has zero sperm counts about half the time.  The other half the time they are single digit counts.   It is frustrating.  Can he try again soon?  My DH had a zero count, and 5 days he tried again and they found some. 

I just wanted to add that I though we were going to have to cancel our upcoming IVF cycle b/c his first SA showed no sperm (we found out when they credited our credit card, nice huh?) but he did two more samples and got a "2" and "3" count.  For our IVF next week he will give a fresh sample the day before, and the day of my ER.  I'm hoping and praying he is having a good day.  

Funny enough that pretty much happened to us too. We figured this was the case yesterday when we were only charged to the wash and not the storage. When DH has a count he is also in the single digits.

BEST of luck to you and your upcoming cycle...and your dh's count!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageSeaSoul:
    You know I know how you feel.  But if you were able to conceive Isabel then I have faith you'll be able to conceive another with your DH's sperm.  Here's hoping it happens sooner rather than later!

Thank you. I may have some questions for you soon... I already do I'm just to lazy right now to put it to "paper".

• Options

((hugs))

So sorry. That is sucky news. 

siggy should be here!
  • Options

imageSeaSoul:

This.  Uggh, I am so sorry! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    (((Hugs)))  So sorry to hear that you got that kind of news.  I'm not sure if he has the same issue, but some friends of ours were told that they would have never have children since he didn't have sperm.  They were able to surgically extract some sperm and now she's due any day with b/g twins. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCJ71903:
    (((Hugs)))  So sorry to hear that you got that kind of news.  I'm not sure if he has the same issue, but some friends of ours were told that they would have never have children since he didn't have sperm.  They were able to surgically extract some sperm and now she's due any day with b/g twins. 

It's good to hear that worked for your friend! That will be our next step if the next SA gives the same results. DH about passed out when I was telling him about it:)~ Congrats to you friend, I hope we get similar results! 

• Options
    I am so sorry :( HUGS.... can they retest in a month to find something?
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Thanks you for the kind words and support. I love having this board and being able to say what ever with out judgement.

Yes, he can retest. We will retest with the new clinic. We are just going to wait until January to get back into things.

• Options
    imageela81:

imageCJ71903:

It's good to hear that worked for your friend! That will be our next step if the next SA gives the same results. DH about passed out when I was telling him about it:)~ Congrats to you friend, I hope we get similar results! 

I'm glad their story gives you some hope.  They were told all kinds of awful things from a medical "professional" who frankly didn't know what she was talking about.  It caused him to become very depressed and scared.  But, they ended up getting referred to the proper place and doctors who helped them achieve their dream of becoming pregnant. They had been TTC for around 11 years.    

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that news! I hope the other clinic can help.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    Oh man, that sucks. I am so sorry. I hope the holidays will help take your mind off things so that January gets here soon and you can move forward!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry...I know that must have been tough news to hear. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"