June 2012 Moms
Options

Now I'm thinking I want to find out the gender

I was very much team green. This weekend we are "going public". Which is good, but i have really enjoying the secret between the two of us.

Now i'm starting to think maybe at the next ultrasound at 19 weeks (my bday) i want to know if its a girl or a boy. But we wouldn't tell a soul that we know or what it is.

What do you think? Does this sound ridiculous?

DH probably won't go for it anyways tho..

Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Now I'm thinking I want to find out the gender

• Options
    I have no patience to wait (and people are already speculating boy/girl) so no, I don't think you're crazy. I admire people who can wait until they give birth, but that will not be me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know a couple who knows the sex of their child but hasn't told anyone about it. I can't believe it hasn't slipped. More power to them because a lot of people have been bugging them.  I think it's a ton of fun to 'hold out' til the birth. DH and I will find out the sex but that's just because we're curious like that. 

I have heard stories (no one i know personally) of couples who ask the doctor to note the sex of their baby in their medical files but not to share it with them immediately.  That way if the couple changes their mind, they can easily find out or they can still wait til the birth!

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't understand wanting it to be a surprise. It's a surprise whether you find out now or later, it's not like you're choosing the sex.
  • Options
    imageDani0602:

I know a couple who knows the sex of their child but hasn't told anyone about it. I can't believe it hasn't slipped. More power to them because a lot of people have been bugging them.  I think it's a ton of fun to 'hold out' til the birth. DH and I will find out the sex but that's just because we're curious like that. 

I have heard stories (no one i know personally) of couples who ask the doctor to note the sex of their baby in their medical files but not to share it with them immediately.  That way if the couple changes their mind, they can easily find out or they can still wait til the birth!

if we did find out i would definatley NOT tell anyone that we did.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's funny because I am in the same boat.  The more I look at baby stuff, the more difficult I find it to go gender neutral.  EVERYTHING is gender specific or a pale, ugly green.  I really wanted to wait, but I'm trying to convince myself to find out early.  It's a tough decision.  
  • Options

imagelbonfan:
    That's funny because I am in the same boat.  The more I look at baby stuff, the more difficult I find it to go gender neutral.  EVERYTHING is gender specific or a pale, ugly green.  I really wanted to wait, but I'm trying to convince myself to find out early.  It's a tough decision.  

oh good, at least i'm not alone.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm going to find out. I want to tell people, but not right away. I think it will be hard though. People are bugging me about it already and i am a horrible liar and easily peer pressured.

If you think you can keep it a secret i say go for it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am team green myself and if I thought that my H and I could keep our mouths shut about the sex, then we would find out too!  Can you guys truly keep it to yourselves?

Eeek!  That's a tough decision!

TTC since April 2009 ~ Unexplained IF 3 IUI's later....EDD 6.28.12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagePlumCallaLily:

I am team green myself and if I thought that my H and I could keep our mouths shut about the sex, then we would find out too!  Can you guys truly keep it to yourselves?

Its been really easy not telling people about being pregant so i think it would we would be able to not tell people what we are having

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagevenussapphire:
    imageDani0602:

if we did find out i would definatley NOT tell anyone that we did.

Good Call!! :)

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You are def. not crazy! Props to the ones with patience that want to wait (I waited with my firstborn), nothing wrong with that. But I want to know as soon as I can and there's nothing wrong with that eitherAngel
  • Options
    imagevenussapphire:
    imagePlumCallaLily:

Its been really easy not telling people about being pregant so i think it would we would be able to not tell people what we are having

That's good!  Then I say go for it!  That would be an awesome secret for you two!

TTC since April 2009 ~ Unexplained IF 3 IUI's later....EDD 6.28.12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I keep going back and forth about it. One of the things that keeps me on team green is that his mother has to wait. DH will be finding out the sex at the u/s, but I'll be waiting until delivery for the surprise. His mother and aunts are constantly nagging and asking if they can get to know when DH does. I keep telling them "Hell no. Nobody is finding out before ME. Period.". I'm having waaaay too much fun with this. Hahahaha!

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I'll talk to DH tonight and see what he thinks.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't see the novelty in waiting until the birth to know the sex, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

There is no way I could know the sex and not tell anyone.

If you think you can do it and you would enjoy the secret, go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepinotgirl:
    I have no patience to wait (and people are already speculating boy/girl) so no, I don't think you're crazy. I admire people who can wait until they give birth, but that will not be me!

This 

• Options

We were thinking of doing this when we were deciding team green or not - but we decided not to find out at all. I just think there is a decent chance that one of us would slip and say "he" or "she" or really want to tell someone. In this case, for whoever did slip, it would likely cause a big fight between DH and I, which is obviously just unneeded stress.

Everyone woman/couple is different. There is no right and wrong.  I don't think it's a "novelty" to be team green - it's just a choice that a woman makes - whether she wants that surprise "It's a...." moment in the delivery room or not..among other things.

Good luck with your decision!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My friend who's due in March and found out the sex (boy)... but her mother told her she doesn't want to know the sex! So now everyone else in the world knows (even the Facebook world!) except her mother. Good luck keeping that a secret at the shower when everyone's going to buying this kid Yankees stuff!
  • Options
    My BIL and SIL found out with their second, but didn't tell a soul.  I would never be able to pull that off, though, I'd give it away by accident at some point for sure.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    Maybe you can do it but I couldn't.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am going to find out and I will probably scream it to the world! I am not patient. And a lot of gender neutral stuff is just not cute. Won't people figure it out when you start buying stuff?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We knew w/ dd #1 and pretty much everyone else knew and also knew the name that was our top choice.... w/ dd#2 we did team green  and it was so amazing using it as motivation to push that baby out and we also didn't have names set in stone so no one knew anything.  Hubby got to call everyone and say "SHE's here!!  it's a girl!!"  That was pretty cool!!  Really don't know this time cuz I love being team green, but I could get rid of so much clothing and clear out some space if it turns out to be a boy.... so I don't know what I'll do this time!
  • Options

we found out for the first 2, now we are waiting. Ive always wanted to wait. I think when you find out you are DYING to tell people. I dont think I could not tell, plus my family would pester me until I caved. OR they would be pissed that we didnt tell. 

do whats right for you, and  yes it is a surprise either way, but its gotta be more fun to hear "its a ....." while you see your baby for the first time. 

GL with your decision.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"