January 2012 Moms
Options

pain pain and more PAIN

I have read all the post from you ladies talking about pain and not being able to walk because it is so bad.  Until last night I had not experienced any pain on a regular basis.  halfway through the day at work I started to experience a severe sharp pain on my left side (which is where LO usually hangs out)  then on my drive home the pain spread to my pelvic bone and by the time I got home it had spread to the top of my right thigh.  I could barely walk into the house.  needless to say I stayed off my feet for the rest of the night.  I could not even tend to my puppy last night.  DH works nights so I was stuck in bed like a bump on a log.  I did not get a chance to clean/wash clothes/ and cook as planned. I guess from this point it will only get worse.  How is everyone else dealing with aches and pains?  and thanks for letting me vent ladies.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pain pain and more PAIN

• Options

Don't worry about venting, that's what we're here for!  It sounds like you have sciatic nerve issues, which I have too. It can be pretty awful some days, and after talking to my Dr and trying a few things I'll give you the tricks that help ease mine a little (no cure except having an outside baby!)

1. I try to stay away from taking meds, but if I'm hurting too much I'll pop some Tylenol.  Just make sure you're following the directions, I know acetaminophen is added to all sorts of things, and a recent study showed that even a little bit over the recommended amount can hurt your liver. Scary!
    2. I love heat - I drive 30 min to work and back, and have heated seats. Those things have been amazing in the last week. Snuggle with a heating pad or hot water bottle, or even take a hot bath.
    3. Try a support belt - I normally can't be on my feet for more than 45 min without getting pretty uncomfortable and practically begging to sit down. With a support belt I can go for 2-3 hrs and feel pretty good. I've noticed that my feet start to hurt first from the extra weight, rather than my back and hips when I've got my belt on.
    4. Cat/Cow or Cat/Dog yoga positions. Being on hands and knees is supposed to take the pressure off the nerve, plus getting a good stretch in my butt and hips feels awesome!

Hope these things help you a little, and that you start feeling better soon!

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options

So far the heating pad has been my friend all day at work.  I will have to start taking warm baths every night and see if that helps too.  I bought a yoga dvd but haven't used it yet.  I guess I will crack that open tonight.  I do have an exercise ball that I have been using that seems to a little.  I have not taken tylenol yet.  I will try and hold out on the pain meds until I can't bear it any longer. I do have a support belt that I need to start wearing constantly again.   thanks for all your tips

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"