April 2012 Moms
Options

Visine Advanced Relief

Who knows if preggos can use Visine Advanced Relief?

I didnt even think about it until after I bought it and checked the label, and it says ask your dr if you are nursing or pregnant. For Visene? Dang. I had no idea. I have no pregnancy complications or anything. I could call my dr, but not if you all are confident that its fine.

What do you think? I have SUPER dry eyes in the afternoons. To Visine or not to Visine.

Re: Visine Advanced Relief

• Options
    I used the allergy relief Visine in my 1st tri per my OB. Every OB is different, so you may call just to be sure.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options
    The systemic absorption from the eye is probably minimal.  But, honestly, if your eyes just feel dry, I would stick with just a lubricant drop like Tears Naturale Forte.   The vasoconstrictor in Visine can actually make dryness worse. Just my $0.02 as a pharmacist. 
    2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageColoRxGirl:
    The systemic absorption from the eye is probably minimal.  But, honestly, if your eyes just feel dry, I would stick with just a lubricant drop like Tears Naturale Forte.   The vasoconstrictor in Visine can actually make dryness worse. Just my $0.02 as a pharmacist. 

Thank you for this advice. I have never had dry eyes so I just assumed this would work and its all they had at the gas station. Is Tears Naturale Forte something they have at Rite Aid?

• Options
    Sorry for the late reply.  Yes, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, etc. should carry. If not, just ask the pharmacist to point out a good quality lubricant eye drop. They might have a cheaper, house-brand available. 
    2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"