Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Can anyone tell me what the sac looked like?

I 'think' it passed last night, but Im not positive cause I dont know what it should have looked like.  I was 9 weeks but baby stopped growing at 6weeks 4days.  It was like 4inches long, looked kinda sausage casing like(best way to describe it sorry) and appearred like a 'deflated' balloon? 

14yr old DD, 9yr old DS. BFP Oct 30, missed M/C at 9weeks November 27/11 Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Oct Angel Babies

Re: Can anyone tell me what the sac looked like?

• Options

I was coming to ask this same question. I am really worried I haven't passed it. I started my second round of misoprostol/cytotec yesterday afternoon, and last night around 11:00pm for about 2 hours I had what can only be classified as the height of a miscarriage. For a period of time I was worried about bleeding (holy blood loss!) and passed a TON of very large clots. Surprisingly I was not in pain, but the volume was really crazy. We don't think we saw the sac, but I can't imagine how all of that could have come pouring out of me (that's how it felt anyway) without bringing the baby with it.

Is it possible for the fetus to be combined with the other material? Does it always look like a sac? Everything I passed was a very healthy red, which is why I am so worried this is going to end in a D&C anyway. I am really praying not. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My sac was a creamy colored jelly looking blob about the size of a large walnut. It stopped growing at 5w2d.

I have heard that it can also pass in pieces.

I am so sorry for your loss.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    See this is my worry, Ive had the extreme pain and passed this larger size tissue, but quite honestly I have had light bleeding throughout.  Im so scared Im just going to be standing up and a gush is going to come out of no where.....
    14yr old DD, 9yr old DS. BFP Oct 30, missed M/C at 9weeks November 27/11 Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imageMichi2325:
    See this is my worry, Ive had the extreme pain and passed this larger size tissue, but quite honestly I have had light bleeding throughout.  Im so scared Im just going to be standing up and a gush is going to come out of no where.....

So far here has been my experience - try to relax and listen to your body. Sounds bizarre, but right before my gush (my understanding is that there is no way to avoid this - it's part of the process), I said to my husband "I really just want to be standing naked in a field squating" and at another point I had this intense desire to take a bath (which seems natural since so many people labor in water). I stayed laying down and then I was like "whoa" and could just feel stuff moving through. I got to the bathroom and had a major gush, just fell right out of me. It was NOT painful, but it was shocking. From there I stood in a hot shower until I felt empty (maybe 30 minutes). Again, a bath would have felt great - shower was 2nd best since I didn't want to risk infection.

This will sound bizarre, but in some ways I found it empowering. I saw someone else say that they wanted to experience the loss, and I agree with that (which is why I am praying my body can and will get me through). During L&D with my son, I felt like I was not able to get into positions that felt "right" and had people poking me and telling me what I needed the whole time. With this experience, in some VERY bizarre way, I felt beautiful as a woman and confident in knowing what I needed.

I hope that helps some - if you think the "big event" is coming, stay near a restroom and try to stay as calm as possible. It's definitely scary, but you can and will get through it - you are a strong woman! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageTheFutureMrs.O:

My sac was a creamy colored jelly looking blob 

This, mine was the size of my two palms cupped together and  'full' and covered in blood :( ugh I can still picture it....I know my baby was in there.....

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest blog: www.thesmoreslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I think my baby comes out before the sac, it look like a bloody shrievel shrimp, DH swear he can see the little arms and feet, I dont know since I was hysterical when it comes out from me. As for the sac, it comes out like a minute later, for me it looks like a sausage casing (completely agree withyou) greyish color and covered with blood. It look like those balloon that you havent inflated yet.
    Anniversary BFP 11/04/11 M/C 11/26/11
  • Options
    Mine was a translucent brownish/yellowish color.  It was the size of a golf ball.  It was full of liquid.  TMI I lifted it out of the toilet because I had to see it.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageGHBEA:
    Mine was a translucent brownish/yellowish color.  It was the size of a golf ball.  It was full of liquid.  TMI I lifted it out of the toilet because I had to see it.

I fished mine out of the toilet as well using one of our kitchen utensils Ick! (and yes we threw it out after)...it was the size of a walnut, dark gray and it had whiteish fibrous strands coming out of one side (reminded me of tree roots so I'm assuming this is where it attached to my uterus).

I was honestly fascinated by it, I love biology and it just amazed me that something so little can create a human being!

DD born 3/23/2013; Baby #2 EDD 9/7/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Mine pretty much looked the same.  I also had to get a closer look. Mine was sorta elongated and about as wide as a tampon. I pretty much stopped cramping after I passed it.  I did have alot of clots and lots of bleeding as well as pain.  Total time was two weeks of bleeding for me. Followed by 3 weeks of normalness and i just got my period which was slightly heavy.  hoping december is our month.  Good luck, it will all be over soon and you will have your healthy baby soon.  I'm trying to stay as positive as possible, its better than moping around.  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I miscarried yesterday and not sure if I even passed the sac or saw it... I would have been 10 weeks today and baby stopped developing at around 6 weeks as well.  (read my update post and you will understand why I am not sure).. All I experienced was a major gush and then about 10 min of huge clots.  Wish I could tell you more. I go for my follow up u/s on Tues to see if everything has passed and to make sure a d&c isn't necessary.. Good luck to you .. hugs!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"