Success after IF
Options

Yet another PTing question

With the twins coming, it would be really nice to have Graeme out of diapers, particularly so we don't need to invest in more cloth diaper and do so much laundry! I had planned to do it this summer but that's out because I know it'll be overwhelming for him and me at that point.

For those who have done it, is it worth trying before he shows interest? I was thinking February vacation and doing the 3 day potty training that way he has a few months before the babies arrive. He will be just over 2. Or do I just wait until he turns 3 and suck it up with 3 in diapers? Or, would it be unreasonable for me to think that by August he will be adjusted to life with babie (they are due beginning of June) and just do it while I am on summer vacation.

Sorry to ramble, I am stuck on this one.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

Re: Yet another PTing question

• Options

I think I would hold off because a lot of times with a new baby (babies) coming kids regress. My cousin's son was about 2.5 when she had her daughter and he was fully potty trained. As soon as the baby came home he was back in diapers because he refused to use the potty.

I am just now starting to train Preston because he is showing interest, when I tried to get the twins to go on the potty before they were ready is awful. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would say that it doesn't hurt to try. If it doesn't work or if it turns into a huge battle, stop and try again later.

We started a three day method (The Potty Bootcamp) a month after DD's 2nd birthday and it went great! But it all depends on the temperament of your kid.  Some just flat out won't participate.  DD is in a "no" phase and I swear if we were trying to PT her now we'd be in big trouble. 

I'd start talking it up now.  Get some books to read about it, start sitting him on there every now and then, and then give it a go when you're ready.  Good luck!

After THREE years, our IVF miracle is here!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every kid is different but we tried with hayden a few months ago without success. Boys are not always ready as soon as girls are. My brother and his ex tried to PT my older neice before her twin sisters were born. She was 2 and totally regressed and was close to 3 befor it was successful. Adding twins is harder than a singleton since there are two and they take up both mommy and daddys time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"